**** The Official Google Pixel 3 Thread ****

Associate
Yeah mate, it's the way they've bundled it together. I'll see if I can find you a link that still works...I had to go through incognito mode to get it to come up. Also just received the email confirming the 14 day cease :) So I at least have that to refer to.

Looks like the deal has disappeared from the site again :( I wasn't able to find it for a few days and then it reppeared. Best thing to do is periodically check for deals on it and filter by Highest Upfront cost, it should hopefully appear for you as well.

Oh so I done a search.

https://www.google.com/search?q=pix...gB&biw=1278&bih=1319#spd=16704551797712045759
First result appears to be £409 upfront and a £15p/m SIMO with O2 through CPW.

So if it works the same as the previous ones it's the handset and a SIMO and therefore you can cancel the SIMO contract. However this hasn't been posted anywhere to confirm tested and working. So I can't guarantee anything unfortunately.

So you can cancel the sim only and keep for the phone a total of the upfront cost without returning it?

Soldato
So you can cancel the sim only and keep for the phone a total of the upfront cost without returning it?

That's it...it's just the way the two items are bundled together, its like a total mish mash from CPW to be honest. I didn't mention CPW or a handset on the phone to O2, they mentioned where it came from as they could see that on the system but nothing about a phone :)

Soldato
Well that's my O2 SIM disconnected so all in all been a fairly easy cancellation for a shiny new pixel!

Finally getting used to the changes since I was last on Android, all in all the phone seems really quick and the camera even from the little I've used it seems very impressive indeed!

Picked up a Skagen smart watch for Google Pay on my wrist and that thing looks beautiful compared to an Apple Watch. Delighted so far :)

No that's not the case.

There are apps on the play store like Fluid navigation which will do away with buttons for full screen gestures. I've been using it for a few days and I'm converted.

Just to be clear I want to do away with gestures for buttons. You said the app for the opposite requirement so want to make sure you understand what I wanted.

Soldato
Just realised the Pixel 3 has the option to enable dragging down the notification tray using the fingerprint scanner...I was trying to do that automatically thinking back to my S8. Happy to have it back :D

Soldato
Haven't been in the phone market for 3 years. Currently using a BlackBerry Priv but looking at a Pixel 3 XL.

Priv is showing some slowdowns so I thought the P3XL would be a nice upgrade but the only thing holding me back is it only having 4GB RAM.

What's everyone's thoughts? Has it been an issue? Hard to swallow when a OnePlus 6t can be had for cheaper with double the RAM

Soldato
Haven't been in the phone market for 3 years. Currently using a BlackBerry Priv but looking at a Pixel 3 XL.

Priv is showing some slowdowns so I thought the P3XL would be a nice upgrade but the only thing holding me back is it only having 4GB RAM.

What's everyone's thoughts? Has it been an issue? Hard to swallow when a OnePlus 6t can be had for cheaper with double the RAM

I don't think the lack of ram was a cost cutting feature of the pixel 3. I presume the internal stats showed Google that 4gb was more than enough. I have not experienced any slow downs at all some 3 months in. All is working as it should. As is my pixel 1 that now belongs to my old man and my pixel 2 that is now my wife's. (All XL variants).

The OnePlus 6 is a lovely bit of kit and you should way up what is best for you

Soldato

4GB Ram causes more app reloads then I'd like. But otherwise performance is fast and smooth.

More RAM mainly just helps keep more apps in memory.

Soldato
Found a deal for £35 per month, 15GB data, £75 upfront for the 128GB model for 24 months.

Seems better than any other deal I've seen for a while. As I said I've been out the game for a while and I don't have any spare income to pay much upfront.

Back
Top Bottom