**** The Official Google Pixel 3 Thread ****

Soldato
Found a deal for £35 per month, 15GB data, £75 upfront for the 128GB model for 24 months.

Seems better than any other deal I've seen for a while. As I said I've been out the game for a while and I don't have any spare income to pay much upfront.

Mind if I ask where you've seen that?

Soldato
Has anyone done the CPW trick, £385 upfront with the O2 sim only and then cancel the sim?

There's talk about it on hotukdeals. It seems this paticular deal comes bundled with an actual sim only contract, not a phone+sim contract so you can cancel direct with o2 under the 14 days colling off period.

Soldato
Has anyone done the CPW trick, £385 upfront with the O2 sim only and then cancel the sim?

There's talk about it on hotukdeals. It seems this paticular deal comes bundled with an actual sim only contract, not a phone+sim contract so you can cancel direct with o2 under the 14 days colling off period.

I've it with before, you usually just have to pay the first month though.

Soldato

Yep. Did at Xmas time. Worked fine. Called o2 on same day the phone and sim arrived. Cancelled Straight away. You cancel the direct debit too. O2 are a bit crap so you need to call again or check to see if the sim is still active after a few days. If so , call them again and confirm cancellation.

You do however get credit checked for this.

Receipt actually says pixel 3 sim free.

Soldato
Yep. Did at Xmas time. Worked fine. Called o2 on same day the phone and sim arrived. Cancelled Straight away. You cancel the direct debit too. O2 are a bit crap so you need to call again or check to see if the sim is still active after a few days. If so , call them again and confirm cancellation.

You do however get credit checked for this.

Receipt actually says pixel 3 sim free.

Yeah sadly people are desperate to try and find some terms and conditions that contradict the deal, Carphone Warehouse messed this one up and have made some tweaks it seems since then to the deals.

*EDIT* The now added a blurb at the bottom about they may recover costs if the SIMO part is cancelled but this was only added a day or so ago.

I had no issue cancelling with O2 either, email confirmation of the cancellation, SIM now not working and live chat transcript for further confirmation. Nice and simple.

Soldato
Still on the edge about this phone. For me a phone is a big purchase and I like to stick with it as long as I can. Currently using a BlackBerry Priv which I've had for 3 years.

What's leaning me towards the Pixel over other Androids is the the camera and the fact that I've read that a Pixel device gets unlimited, full res Google photo storage. Is this true for phones bought on contract, not direct from Google, and in the UK? Or is this an American only thing?

Also, I know there is no date but is there a promise that the UK will eventually get call screening? Duplex would also be nice but I know that's going city by city across USA first.

And the last question. What other unique things do you get with the Pixel that you don't get with any other Android? As above, like the unlimited photos storage.

Soldato
Yes unlimited photo video storage for all pixel owners. For 2 or 3 years.

No one does always on display like the pixel, personally I think it's the best implementation.

No other Android phone has guaranteed 3yr OS updates and hardware based security (titan chip).

Last edited:
Soldato
And then if you ever leave pixel, in a few years those photos are no longer full res. Cheeky

Checked out the terms and conditions and it says that after the 3 years photos will upload for free at 'high res' or start eating into your Drive storage if uploading at 'Original' - But also said any photos uploaded during that time would remain at original res

Soldato
Checked out the terms and conditions and it says that after the 3 years photos will upload for free at 'high res' or start eating into your Drive storage if uploading at 'Original' - But also said any photos uploaded during that time would remain at original res

Either way it's easy to download them in bulk and keep a hard copy on pc. Which is wise anyway. As much as I will likely stay with Google and the pixel line you never wanna feel locked in.

Back
Top Bottom