**** The Official Google Pixel 3 Thread ****

Soldato
Just to go over the main argument around the P3 I think a lot of the performance issues people see is down to how well they notice them.

The simple fact is a lot of people will have them but it may not be as apparent to them as others who have the same device. That's not to say the same issues do not exist across the majority of the devices. I'm fairly sure if I was to pick up someone else P3 and use it for a few days the same little things would annoy me in terms of performance.

That does not escape the fact that people do choose to ignore any argument against the performance of the device. I like to think of myself as fairly impartial in that regard as I bounce between different devices but despite the bloat the S10 performs much slicker than the P3, unfortunately. The ram thing always seems to be that bit of a hindrance on Pixel devices which has been creeping in lately so hopefully they rectify that properly with the P4.

Associate
I had a the same issue with my car and my work iPhone just yesterday it refused to take the call in my car.

Rebooted and fine. Is that iOS ? Is that Bluetooth or was it my cars stero?

Impossible to tell. .....

Fair.

But its far from the only issue I’ve had with it since I got it....

Technology though is imperfect so perhaps I’m overly harsh on it.

Soldato
Example just yesterday. Connected my Bluetooth headphones yesterday and yet it still played out of the speaker and had to reboot the phone.

Are you implying that I'm imagining the issues?

I know you probably think I just want to argue :) but as Jimlad said, these things can happen with any phone from time to time. Over the last 3 years I had the Pixel XL, the Pixel XL 2 and now the Mate 20 Pro. I probably connect 3 or 4 times a day with a Bluetooth speaker of some kind and I can only remember it happening once, (with the Huawei funnily enough). I think once it connects it has to then connect/authenticate/setup/whatever to deal with media and phone calls (if that's an option with the device you connect to). I think you can see the two options if you go into the Bluetooth settings. I think a phone can just not set up the media bit (or phone in Jimlads case) and you can either just reconnect or sometimes just select 'Media' in settings. I think actually it might have happened in my car once with one of the Pixels, but I guess as it's a 10 second job to fix, it doesn't really register with me.

Soldato
Yeah that's it. The opposite of what it was last year!

The replacement isn't 100% but I just cba with the hassle of the lottery!

Might eventually sell it and go for the S10e

Same happened with me on the Mate 20 Pro. Replacement after replacement of shockingly bad LG OLED's (4 in total) so I went with the Pixel 3 and got lucky with my first handset.

Associate
Same happened with me on the Mate 20 Pro. Replacement after replacement of shockingly bad LG OLED's (4 in total) so I went with the Pixel 3 and got lucky with my first handset.

I'll try and avoid anything LG Screen related in the future until they're in a position to supply decent displays.

Rumour has it they've been playing catch up after focusing on the TV side of things. Shame they've been playing catch up with devices that cost £500-£1200

I think I've got lucky with the two I've just picked up... screens appear to be spot on.

I think it all depends on eyesight too. I showed the problem phone to people and they couldn't see it.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
You just know they will go with 6Gb RAM, claiming that vanilla android (not that its very vanilla nowadays) uses less RAM... we all know what to expect from Google these days. Great cameras, good software experience (when it works), mediocre hardware.

*in your opinion.

So someone says the Pixel is a good software experience, you say 'in your opinion' and that's defending it? I'm a little lost :)
Again, go back and re read the thread, Look at my original quote again, what part of 'when it works' did you not see?

Soldato
Okay, so....

So someone says the Pixel is a good software experience when it works, you say 'in your opinion' and that's defending it? I'm a little lost :)

Still sounds like you're saying it's not a good software experience? The 'when it works' isn't particularly relevant as we're talking about the software experience. If you'd said 'it always works' or something along those lines, we'd have been talking about that element of the comment rather than how good the software is.

Soldato
Debating whether or not to sell the P3. (I know!) and jump over to the S10e

S10 is nice and would be a no brainer if you were coming from a 2 year old phone however personally I would wait and would think within the next 3 to 4 months you would know pretty much how the pixel 4 will shape up.

Saying that you might be not fussed by stock or having a pixel. I would imagine you will take a hit selling the p3 and paying top whack for the Samsung.

If the rumours are true we will get a Samsung screen with a hole punch anyway.

S10 is nice and would be a no brainer if you were coming from a 2 year old phone however personally I would wait and would think within the next 3 to 4 months you would know pretty much how the pixel 4 will shape up.

Saying that you might be not fussed by stock or having a pixel. I would imagine you will take a hit selling the p3 and paying top whack for the Samsung.

If the rumours are true we will get a Samsung screen with a hole punch anyway.

Again, its not 3/4 months away. They have never released a phone in June July August or September. That's 4 months right there, and we are currently in March! Please look at a calendar and the history or nexus/pixel release dates ;)

Soldato
Again, its not 3/4 months away. They have never released a phone in June July August or September. That's 4 months right there, and we are currently in March! Please look at a calendar and the history or nexus/pixel release dates ;)

you need to learn to read son.

"I would wait and would think within the next 3 to 4 months you would know pretty much how the pixel 4 will shape up."

i am pretty confident within 3 or 4 months we will have seen what it will look like...

and just to make you feel even more daft, you should check your facts before you try and make someone else look small....

the first nexus release was March ;)

Back
Top Bottom