**** The Official Google Pixel 3 Thread ****

Soldato
Nearly dropped the damn thing already, who thought glossy sides were a good idea? Ordered the fabric case, and the wireless charging stand because apparently I have more money than sense today...

The fabric case is nice. I have one and use it regularly .Currently running mine naked at the moment as love the feel. However it is slippery and I feel like I am gambling when naked with it !

Associate
I have the Pixel stand. I would recommend it for £50, it comes with another fast charging plug, so you wont lose your other one to power it. It charges quite fast still, has a few features you can setup etc like a google assistant device although I have it just set to nothing at all as I use it to charge when in bed.

Soldato
Minor quibble really, but the fingerprint reader is a bit cack.

Caveat here is that I climb 3 times a week so strip the skin off my fingertips regulatory. My old Moto G5 would manage to read my print again after half a day or so, but the 3 XL isn't having it so far. Face unlock would have been nice!

Associate
Fingerprint has also been faultless for me apart from when it did some DIY and flattened my fingerprints on sandpaper. I think it's quite fair it wouldn't work as intended in that situation.

A good face unlock option would be a nice backup though i agree.

Soldato
Like I said, I strip all the skin off my fingertips three times a week, so I'll cut it done slack. Adding a 'new' fingerprint for each recovery day, seems to be doing the trick so far.

Found myself using assistant a lot more now I can activate with voice. Is there a Dot equivalent yet with a 3.5mm output?

Back
Top Bottom