**** The Official Google Pixel 3 Thread ****

Soldato
What is this "daily driver" pish.

Anyway, I agree the P2XL has been excellent, I'm definitely not seeing the issues that some are reporting. If the P3XL doesn't meet my expectations, I could easily skip the upgrade this year and not be fussed.

Soldato
The 2XL is one of my favourite phones to date, so much so that it's probably the first phone I've owned that I can actually see me using for the entirety of its two year contract :p
The only issue I really had to endure was the the Bluetooth fiasco on the 8.0 update but I've had no problems since 8.1.
I agree with Andy, I think the screen is great, maybe the blue shift on mine isn't all that bad...
I really enjoyed the original Pixel XL and was content with it for a couple of months after the 2 release. In the end I wanted the larger screen. The Pixel 3 will need to be one hell of an upgrade to tempt me I think.

Soldato
Yes, please show me when he said it was rubbish? He used it as his main device until very recently. I've not experienced the slow down he had... which was the only reason he swapped out to a newer device.

Who said mkbhd said it was rubbish? He has talked about many of the problems people have mentioned on here including the side bezels :p his very first pixel 2xl video iirc at the launch event.

I said it was rubbish :p

Here's hoping for an amazing 3 though :cool:

V_R

V_R

Soldato
The only real issue I have with my 2XL is that it seems to take an absolute age to go from about 95% to 100% charge using the stock charger.

Anyway, this is the Pixel 3 thread people!

V_R

V_R

Soldato
‘Pixel Ultra’ Fact Check: Sorry, but none of these ‘leaks’ show a third Google Pixel 3

This year has seen a whirlwind of leaks in the Google phone space. As you know if you’ve been following along with our extensive coverage, we know pretty much everything there is to know about the Google Pixel 3 and Google Pixel 3 XL, both set to be announced next month at Google’s October 9th event. But given an ever-spreading wildfire of distaste toward the bigger model’s large notch and plenty of misleading information, the “Pixel Ultra” speculation just hasn’t stopped.

While it’s impossible to put the rumors in their coffin for good until October 9th, we can round up everything that everyone has called a “Pixel Ultra” so far and write them off one by one…

As much as I would love a Ultra Pixel, I'm certain its all just hyperbole/clickbait from Youtubers etc.

Soldato
As it stands I am more interested in the standard pixel for the first. Design looks good. But after having my pixel xl2 replaced only 2 months back it's running fine so could easy skip if I am left unimpressed. Still get constant comments and complimentary remarks on social media about what camera.

Soldato
They really aren't lookers are they. I was tempted with the 3, but even that looks a bit 2016.

Knowing me I'll end up buying one anyway. Hopefully they'll have a tasty pre order offer (free mini) and a killer new feature to keep me happy.

Soldato
They really aren't lookers are they. I was tempted with the 3, but even that looks a bit 2016.

Knowing me I'll end up buying one anyway. Hopefully they'll have a tasty pre order offer (free mini) and a killer new feature to keep me happy.
A substantial new feature is pretty much all that would lead me to buy one as well. Not sure what this would be though, wireless charging?
A year's subscription to YouTube Music wouldn't even be too bad - although I can't see Google doing this.

Back
Top Bottom