**** The Official Google Pixel 3 Thread ****

Soldato
just seen the dude who posted the above video released another today with a screenshot of googles email (assuming it wasn't fake as he had to blur some out) looks pretty genuine, and i do actually believe google contacted him. Why however is a different story.

Soldato
There was another chap who reporrtea few weeks back that there was another Google Pixel device floating about that wasn't the 3XL and didn't exhibit a notch according to his source but took the video down after a few hours.

Here's his take on the matter.

Soldato
If google have done what will be the biggest troll in the history of the internet, I will be impressed.

This is the same company who can't get a chat app right (bye bye allo), or bluetooth (oh noes.....give it up already)....or saying it's not going to rain today when I'm stood in a peeing monsoon <- Yeah, I was soaked.

The creator of the blobs......the company who said we don't need OIS, then said we do....oh no we don't....oh yes we do....wait WUT?

What is true, and i'm saying it as a FACT.....is that the display won't be edge to edge. Not even google have that kinda buying power.

I'm here for the ride though, show me a bandwagon and I'm on it yo!

V_R

V_R

Soldato
There was another chap who reported few weeks back that there was another Google Pixel device floating about that wasn't the 3XL and didn't exhibit a notch according to his source but took the video down after a few hours.

Here's his take on the matter.

Caporegime
My choice for a new phone were this, the OnePlus 6T or the Huawei Mate 20 Pro and all three have evil features I don't like now :(

Really hoping the notch is a troll but I can't see why Google would do that due to the potential for lost sales before the products formally revealed.

Associate
I must admit I like my 2xl when it works and for the software experience but I have to agree mine has been plagued with many minor and not so minor issues and I'll have a serious think about whether I want another in future. My s7 edge had poor battery life and was relatively slow feeling in comparison but it was definitely more reliable

Soldato
Last onea rubbish ? Seriously ...

Blue shift due to crap LG POLED panel
Weird side bezels giving a recessed look
Bluetooth not working 'properly' (how many have joined the thread on the pixel forums now?)
Slow down for some users (talk of a hardware issue)

You wanna price and compete with the big boys....up your game

Other than the camera what was good about it? Squeezy sides? I guess the always on music detection was pretty cool to be fair, I did like that feature.

Soldato
Blue shift due to crap LG POLED panel
Weird side bezels giving a recessed look
Bluetooth not working 'properly' (how many have joined the thread on the pixel forums now?)
Slow down for some users (talk of a hardware issue)

You wanna price and compete with the big boys....up your game

Other than the camera what was good about it? Squeezy sides? I guess the always on music detection was pretty cool to be fair, I did like that feature.

Yep the oled was relatively poor compared to the best. Low peak brightness and inadequate sRGB calibration to add to your list.

Postituves were proper front facing stereo speakers, though some reported rattles and distortion.

And the usual fast updates, but with more bugs than we'd like.

Problems with fast charging and battery drains are just not acceptable at this level. If it weren't for the camera it wouldn't be note worthy at all. I'm hoping tgat all these problems are fixed in the 3, I can live with the notch if so.

Soldato
Yep the oled was relatively poor compared to the best. Low peak brightness and inadequate sRGB calibration to add to your list.

Postituves were proper front facing stereo speakers, though some reported rattles and distortion.

And the usual fast updates, but with more bugs than we'd like.

Problems with fast charging and battery drains are just not acceptable at this level. If it weren't for the camera it wouldn't be note worthy at all. I'm hoping tgat all these problems are fixed in the 3, I can live with the notch if so.

Yeah, and I'm wondering if all the pixel 3 hype is BECAUSE the 2 was so bad. In effect, we've kinda missed a year.

Soldato
Not sure I'd say the Pixel was rubbish - but I'm biased, as I have one :D

But reading the issues mentioned above, I have to agree, these faults really shouldn't be present on such a 'high end' device - for me, the Pixel has been perfect, but the bluetooth is beyond ****, and even on the latest Pie, it still cuts out all the time.

Think I'll give the P3 a miss come renewal in November, might got sim only and buy the OP6 outright instead, or whatever else takes my fancy - just need something with a good camera.

Soldato
Yep seriously, pixel 2xl is one of the worst phones Google have released.

So many issues, still even till this day haven't been fixed.

So much so I will never purchase another Google branded phone again & I've been buying them since the Nexus 4.

Funny.... I am of the opinion it's the best phone I have owned. Black's not great in low screen brightness and a slight blue tint.

Soldato
Agreed. Great phone. I simply don't have the issues you list and I would include the 'screen issues'. I just don't see it. Amazing screen. Not one issue with Bluetooth and I use that daily. Issues with bezels? You're reaching there. Brightness, definitely not an issue, in fact can be seen much better with sun glasses on than most phones, so better in a lot of cases.

Lets not get into an argument about it, it's just not worth it. You didn't like it. Many did. We're allowed to have different opinions :)

Soldato
People are allowed to have different opinions but when people say some of the above they really do loose credibility! You just come across as stupid.

Many many tech reviewers are still running the xl2 as there daily driver alomst a year on.

Anyway back on track. Fingers crossed Google have pulled off the biggest troll of th year but sadly I think we are getting the notch for keeps

Back
Top Bottom