**** The Official Google Pixel 3 Thread ****

Soldato
If Google, Samsung or whoever is developing a flagship phone they should come with flagship performance. Phone's in this price range will always get compared to the iPhone which are using the a11 custom ARM processor which are miles ahead what's on offer from a Android phone in most CPU benchmarks. Is there anyone outside of Qualcomm that sells high performance ARM CPU's or is a given that the Pixel 3 won't lay glove on a iPhone in terms of raw CPU capabilities?
Snapdragon 835 was already fast.

SD845 matched with fast storage and good software is just blazing.

https://youtu.be/Oa-_FLgEAks

Just a quick search on YouTube and the OnePlus 6 out does the iPhone X even though the X benchmarks a lot higher.

Soldato
I'm hoping for an even better camera, maybe a storage bump + ram and perhaps wireless charging, and that they sort the screen out although I'm not worried about the screen issues but thats just my opinion

:)

Permabanned
OP
I don't mind the notch as you can hide it and does increase screen real estate.

I just need QI changing and excellent screen or its a deal breaker for a £1k device.

It could be, as this link suggests, that Google have mastered under-display technology because this rendering of the Pixel 3 has no front facing camera visible.

Could the Vivo Apex hold the key to the look and feel of the Pixel 3?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/gordon...one-specs-price-upgrade-release/#3d4eb3391fdf

Associate
I think it will have a notch but it will be a software notch and you can choose to disable it, or it will only appear on the lockscreen and homescreen, something crazy like that.
So they can have the clock on the left and the new daft layout. But all apps and games will be the full splendid glory of full screen. I mean they have done settings for it so I presume they are going to utilize it.
I think that would be a very good compromise.

Soldato
I think it will have a notch but it will be a software notch and you can choose to disable it, or it will only appear on the lockscreen and homescreen, something crazy like that.
So they can have the clock on the left and the new daft layout. But all apps and games will be the full splendid glory of full screen. I mean they have done settings for it so I presume they are going to utilize it.
The software notch settings are there for app developers.

Soldato
I'll be amazed if Google release a phone with a notch... Just don't see them stooping that low

Back
Top Bottom