**** The Official Google Pixel 3 Thread ****

Associate
It's really simple for me. If it has a notch I won't even consider it. Pixel 2XL will be fine for a while
If it does not then I will probably jump on board as I don't want to leave it as long as last time (upgraded from Nexus 5) I love the camera but my screen has the blue tint, enough to annoy me sometimes but not enough to send it back and maybe get another with it.

Soldato
Not a fan of the notch at all. Now I'm seeing a smiley doggo face on the top of the XL. Anyone know when the 3's are meant to come out?

Having spent a month with my S8+ I am quite tempted by the 3 just for the better camera. The S8+ camera is good, but like my old Note4 I can easily see excessive sharpening processing whereas on my 6P the was no evidence of this and imo the 6P took better images even though it was slower in burst situations.

Soldato
The notch isn't that bad, I do not even notice it on oneplus 6. There is a reason why apple went with the notch and why all the other companies are adopting it, it just works.

Chin is quite large on this pixel though.

Associate
That XL would trigger so many people's ocd :D Little and large speakers. Looks terrible (imo)
This years XL has a bigger top than chin but they have switched it round (if the pictures are accurate)

Soldato
So we're going to be stuck with bloody notches until apple work out how to make big screen phones without them? Great..

Soldato
So we're going to be stuck with bloody notches until apple work out how to make big screen phones without them? Great..

As crazy as it sounds, I’ve been using the iPhone X for 3 months now and the notch in no way bothers me at all now. You quickly just ignore it...or at least I do now, really doesn’t detract from how I use the phone now.

It’s gonna be the way of it for a while I reckon so best to get used to it. It just depends if you want more screen space or larger bands too and bottom. (Although Samsung are doing a good job of shrinking it).

Associate
I really like that concept too (what are the dual cameras for though?) I just hope the specs/features justify the price as I imagine they wont be dropping from the Pixel 2XL launch price...

Soldato
Notch off does look rather nice I admit. Notch on is an abomination however.
Just seems like a massive step backwards losing the notification area for what exactly? So it looks like an iPhone 10? Is that really the holy grail of phone design?

Man of Honour
Dual front cameras are likely for 3D facial recognition and AR Core stuff. Google are hot on AR Core this year. The rear dual camera setup may well be an ultra wide lens along with normal lens as well since AR Core can make better use of spacial scenes with the wider lens.

It's gonna be a rather interesting phone this.

Caporegime
Must say it does look very nice, even with the notch.

Doubt I'll move from the gs 8 though as chances are prices are going to be ridiculous at launch, hopefully they'll drop rather quickly again a few months down the line.

Saying that, I actually quite like samsung's skin now, some nice/useful tweaks and some of their apps are better than google's imo.

Back
Top Bottom