**** The Official Google Pixel 3 Thread ****

Associate
What self respecting hardware nut intentionally keeps a Pixel for 3 years! :p

If the innovation was a little better, I'd upgrade every year. Although I do understand what you mean as everyone is different, so sentence above is a little tongue in cheek.

He might not be a hardware nut though :p

I am but I'm seeing little reason to upgrade either. It's a lot of money to spend for very little improvement.

Soldato
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=448OOW7u1qc&t=315s

Interesting, he mentions the apps loading/refresh etc is much faster with less reloads on the reg pixel in comparison to the XL. I like the scroll on the keyboard, never had that before on my android device. He also says the XL has a very slight not bad blue shift/cooler white in comparison to the reg pixel 3.
He also states in the comments the battery life was better on the reg pixel 3 which is intersting.
Sort of excited to get my hands on it again.

Soldato
Are you just being controversial for fun? Because every single photo example I've seen of Night Mode has been amazing.

Have you tried it yourself ? Unless you are taking a picture of something that has zero movement which includes your own hand I found it a bit on the blury noisey side.

Have a look at android andys review.

Soldato

Enjoyed that review and gotta agree with it. I am pretty sure I am in for the pixel. Tempted by the 6T but part of me knows I will regret not having the pixel experience, camera and video I use the most. Not to mention the unlimited backups and untilastion of photos backup.

Some of the reported issues like apps closing and such will likely be resolved in updates and hot fixes so apart from the over pricing I am not sure what is holding me back.

I can't upgrade until a week on Tuesday so will have some more hands on play time this week.

I have two contracts running with EE a year apart so it kind of makes no odds as my Mrs does not care what phone she has so gets the hand me downs :) and I get a new phone every 12 months.

Last edited:
Associate
My option to cancel is still there. Weird as the site is now saying 7th November... So it would seem if I cancel my order abd ore order again I'd get it quicker?

Annoying thing is that they've already charged my credit card for it. Didn't think that happened until it was ready to ship.

Soldato
Looking at specs and prices of oneplus6T but even though it's impressive on both counts I still feel I will regret or miss the pixel experience I have had from the nexus one through to my current xl2

#sucka

Soldato
Looking at specs and prices of oneplus6T but even though it's impressive on both counts I still feel I will regret or miss the pixel experience I have had from the nexus one through to my current xl2

#sucka
Watching the event now, if it blows me away my Pixel will be cancelled. Loved my 5T best phone i've ever owned.
Edit: will be sticking with the reg pixel 3 pre order this time around.

Last edited:
Associate
Just pre-ordered my Pixel 3 XL via 3. Anyone know where I can pick up one of the official cases in 'fog'? No where seems to have them on-line and even Google has got a two week delivery time on their on-line store.

Soldato
Ordered an ultimate shield tempered glass screen protector. £10.80 shipped. Always liked there quality and fit.

Look forward to hearing the thoughts on you guys who have got it already.

Back
Top Bottom