**** The Official Google Pixel 4 Thread ****

Soldato
I don't get all this "old tech" stuff. If that's what you think, then don't get the phone.

This is what Google don’t seem interested in combating. They have a bunch of enthusiasts who will buy a Pixel just because and then everyone else who won’t buy it on the basis that absolutely nothing about it excites them. These people definitely won’t buy the phone and they won’t lose out because the market isn’t exactly short of competition.

Soldato
Surely saying 3D face scanning is 2 year old tech is like saying a Finger Print Sensor is 5 year old tech and a phone shouldn't have it. CPU? That's like 10 year old tech... It's how good/fast it is that counts. It's also about what innovative tech is in it, like Soli...

Associate
This is what Google don’t seem interested in combating. They have a bunch of enthusiasts who will buy a Pixel just because and then everyone else who won’t buy it on the basis that absolutely nothing about it excites them. These people definitely won’t buy the phone and they won’t lose out because the market isn’t exactly short of competition.

And I think that's the point. There are so many phones out there now, that all should be happy. Those that buy the Pixel probably buy it because of the pure Android experience - I know I do, and the tech is fine for my usage.

Surely saying 3D face scanning is 2 year old tech is like saying a Finger Print Sensor is 5 year old tech and a phone shouldn't have it. CPU? That's like 10 year old tech... It's how good/fast it is that counts. It's also about what innovative tech is in it, like Soli...

Considering android was the first to introduce face unlock about 6 years ago, I'd say they were ahead of the time

Caporegime
Yup that is one thing I love about the iphone, the face unlock, so quick and works in pitch black conditions too, much better than the fingerprint unlock method.

Really like how with the notifications, they are hidden on the lock screen but when your face id is confirmed, it will show a preview of them.

Soldato
Not according to trusted reviews, below. Personally I don't care much for having to install another Android build to get a good software experience.

Look deuse, we get it, you don't want a Pixel. Considering you're the guy that owned the LG Watch Sport and didn't think it was a heap of ****, I can only come to the conclusion that you have some strange concept of what a good user experience is.

It's not that at all.
I have had 2 samsung watches and all the rest that cost about £300. I always went back to my LG watch

I was hoping that google had got it right this year. But no.
I can see why the Pixel phones don't sell very well.

Looks like a side ways upgrade for me with the Nubia Z20 euro version.

Soldato
It's best to wait with Pixel phones as the price does come down relatively quickly. I only bought my Pixel 3 because of that Virgin offer where you could cancel the SIM without having to pay any additional money.

Not that I'm entirely sold on the Pixel 4, really need to wait for battery life reviews but can't imagine them being favourable due to the smaller battery.

Soldato
I was always gonna get the cheapest model as I'm not a fan of big phones and don't require loads of storage but even at £730 that's a bit much. Was hoping closer to £600. If only the pound wasn't so weak.

I'm on monthly sim only deal with Three and their signal is pretty crap where I work so will look at contracts from other providers.

Back
Top Bottom