**** The Official Google Pixel 4 Thread ****

Caporegime
When you weigh it up pound for pound (ish, £30 difference I'll admit) a 7t Pro is surely the much better phone?
Wireless charging is pretty much the only widely used feature thing the latter lacks over the Pixel.

Not camera wise.

They haven't got rid of the photo back up in original quality.... Surely?

Found this in the small print.

⁵Google Photos offers free unlimited online storage for all photos and videos uploaded in high quality. Photos and videos uploaded in high quality may be compressed or resized. Requires Google Account.

Not that it effects me as much because it's never worked with my old free gsuite account. But it's pretty crummy.

Soldato
Google ¹Consumers who pre order or purchase a Google Pixel 4 or 4XL (a ‘Qualifying Product’) between 15th October at 17.00 GMT and 28th October 2019 23:59 GMT, from EE, Carphone Warehouse, Currys PC World, IDMobile.co.uk, Mobiles.co.uk, E2Save.com or Dixon’s Travel, Currys eBay Store, Vodafone, Three, Argos, Google Store, Harrods, Selfridges, John Lewis and Partners (a ‘Qualifying Retailer’) may submit a valid claim (including substantiation) at www.pixel-offers.co.uk/Pixel4 (‘Website’) between 14 to 45 days from the date of purchase (date of purchase counts as day 1) to claim 1x HP Chromebook (‘Promotional Item’). Employees of Google, participating retailers and anyone professionally connected with the Promotion or their immediate family members are not eligible to take part in the Promotion. Consumers who return their Qualifying Product will not be eligible to claim a Promotional Item. Limited to one claim per purchase of a Qualifying Product. A maximum of 2 claims per household. The Promotional Item and Qualifying Product are subject to availability. The Promotional Item will be delivered to an address in the UK within 60 days of a verified claim. See full T&Cs. Promoter is Google Commerce Limited..

I preordered before 5pm. Does this mean I won’t get the offer. :(

Soldato
Google ¹Consumers who pre order or purchase a Google Pixel 4 or 4XL (a ‘Qualifying Product’) between 15th October at 17.00 GMT and 28th October 2019 23:59 GMT, from EE, Carphone Warehouse, Currys PC World, IDMobile.co.uk, Mobiles.co.uk, E2Save.com or Dixon’s Travel, Currys eBay Store, Vodafone, Three, Argos, Google Store, Harrods, Selfridges, John Lewis and Partners (a ‘Qualifying Retailer’) may submit a valid claim (including substantiation) at www.pixel-offers.co.uk/Pixel4 (‘Website’) between 14 to 45 days from the date of purchase (date of purchase counts as day 1) to claim 1x HP Chromebook (‘Promotional Item’). Employees of Google, participating retailers and anyone professionally connected with the Promotion or their immediate family members are not eligible to take part in the Promotion. Consumers who return their Qualifying Product will not be eligible to claim a Promotional Item. Limited to one claim per purchase of a Qualifying Product. A maximum of 2 claims per household. The Promotional Item and Qualifying Product are subject to availability. The Promotional Item will be delivered to an address in the UK within 60 days of a verified claim. See full T&Cs. Promoter is Google Commerce Limited..

I preordered before 5pm. Does this mean I won’t get the offer. :(
Hmm... Cancel your order and re order now?

Associate
When you weigh it up pound for pound (ish, £30 difference I'll admit) a 7t Pro is surely the much better phone?
Wireless charging is pretty much the only widely used feature thing the latter lacks over the Pixel.

Never mind the OnePlus 7T Pro, the standard OnePlus 7T is much the same as the Pro, except without the rubbish curved edges and popup camera, and costs only £550! No brainer; the closest spec Pixel is the 4XL 128Gb @ £930!

As for the camera, meh, 2x optical zoom and no Ultrawide lens; OK I’m sure it’ll take nice pictures for a phone, but the photos I’ve seen from a OnePlus 7 lately with the updated software looked plenty acceptable IMO. I’d be interested to perform a blind test on someone to see how big the difference really is.

Associate
The motion sense feature while gimmicky looks brilliant. The face unlock looked blindingly quick as well.

Another solid effort from Google for me.

Back
Top Bottom