**** The Official Google Pixel 4 Thread ****

V_R

V_R

Soldato
The same as normal, back up over WiFi or 4G doesn't matter. It just hangs on 'Getting ready'.

As I say, uninstalling updates fixes it and its not an issue on my old 2XL or my other half's Pixel 3.

Very frustrating. Only thing I've not tried and I doubt very much it will fix it is a factory reset. I ave sent a bug report etc. so hopefully Google can/will fix it.

I've only seen 2 other people mention it, both were in the reviews of the app on the play store, hopefully its just a random bug.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Of course, that's one of the first things I tried. It's some kind of sync issue because if I update it and clear data it stalls on getting photos and doesn't sync what's not on the device.

It has to be the app as the system version (what you're left with after uninstalling updates) works faultlessly, it's only when it updates does it goes **** up.

Associate
My Orange XL arrived last week. It's a fantastic phone from what I've seen so far. Lovely and smooth with no delays opening and switching between apps. The interface is pretty much the same as my Nokia 7+ was. Battery wise I had around 4 hours of screen on time yesterday and the phone sat a 10%. I gave it full charge before going to bed but got up this morning and it was on 89% with Ambient Display using the battery up.

Associate
My Orange XL arrived last week. It's a fantastic phone from what I've seen so far. Lovely and smooth with no delays opening and switching between apps. The interface is pretty much the same as my Nokia 7+ was. Battery wise I had around 4 hours of screen on time yesterday and the phone sat a 10%. I gave it full charge before going to bed but got up this morning and it was on 89% with Ambient Display using the battery up.
Mine was like that too, so I switched off Ambient Display, and now the screen just wakes when I have a notification of any description. I have to say, I preferred the little LED notification light on my Pixel 2XL, but I'm now getting used to just tapping the screen to see if there any notifications I may have missed. My battery life improved a bit by doing this - nothing earth shattering though :D

Mine was like that too, so I switched off Ambient Display, and now the screen just wakes when I have a notification of any description. I have to say, I preferred the little LED notification light on my Pixel 2XL, but I'm now getting used to just tapping the screen to see if there any notifications I may have missed. My battery life improved a bit by doing this - nothing earth shattering though :D

LED light on the P2XL?

Back
Top Bottom