**** The Official Google Pixel 4 Thread ****

Associate
Are all updates installed? That seems odd. I just turned brightness all the way down on mine and scrolling long emails on dark background was fine.

I was impressed with the battery on my standard 4 yesterday. Went to bed around midnight with 55%. Phone did come off charge quite late around 11am but I took plenty of pictures, videos, surfed internet and sent loads of messages.

Yeah all updates installed.

Just the crappy LG OLED displays they use I guess!?

Soldato
My screen looks great...? The battery on my standard 4 does struggle a little with lots of photos and videos being sync'd to the cloud. Came off full charge around 12 noon, down to about 12% as I went to bed around 10:30pm.

For those interested, £100 off both on the Play Store right now, or £50 off the 3a...

Associate
My screen looks great...? The battery on my standard 4 does struggle a little with lots of photos and videos being sync'd to the cloud. Came off full charge around 12 noon, down to about 12% as I went to bed around 10:30pm.

For those interested, £100 off both on the Play Store right now, or £50 off the 3a...

This is what I'm dealing with at lowish brightness.

https://pasteboard.co/IMVRgiI.jpg

Night light off too

Soldato
I’ve had the pixel 4 XL for a few days now and everything that tech reviewers complained about has been exaggerated in my opinion.

Coming from a Samsung device, the screen is more than good. Sure it’s not as bright as others but I’ve had no issues seeing the screen outdoors in bright light. Another thing is battery life which has been more than good enough. It easily lasts a day and I’ve been getting 6-7 hours sot with no problems.

Software experience is second to none, the only weakness I’d say is the video camera, but even that has been blown out of proportion by reviewers I feel.

Associate
I’ve had the pixel 4 XL for a few days now and everything that tech reviewers complained about has been exaggerated in my opinion.

Coming from a Samsung device, the screen is more than good. Sure it’s not as bright as others but I’ve had no issues seeing the screen outdoors in bright light. Another thing is battery life which has been more than good enough. It easily lasts a day and I’ve been getting 6-7 hours sot with no problems.

Software experience is second to none, the only weakness I’d say is the video camera, but even that has been blown out of proportion by reviewers I feel.

Couldn't agree more.

All the negativity about this phone has blown out of proportion.

No phone is perfect but this device is far from being the poor device reviews say it is.

Lack of Wide angle lens is the only disappointment I can see. battery is fine on my XL.
What about big for head?

What about lack of finger printer reader? OK unlocking is good with their alternative, but what about logging into apps that don't use the face unlock?

Another gimmick too with their swipe to change songs etc. Reminds me of the squeeze for assistant gimmick. Is the squeeze still a thing on the p4?

V_R

V_R

Soldato
The forehead isn't noticeable after using it for a few minutes.

I always had issues with the FPS and having to readd my prints, maybe because I have quite dry skin, I dunno but it was a ball ache. Face unlock sorts that.

Swiping to change tracks while in the bathroom is fantastic. I know it's a bit of a gimmick, but it's a useful gimmick.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Also as per this discussion the last time it was had....

FingerprintManager was deprecated back in Pie. You're meant to use the BiometricManager instead which will work on phones which have fingerprint readers or face unlock.

https://source.android.com/security/biometric/

That's why I'm angry. Banks have had over a year to move onto the new API but they haven't lifted a finger!

Soldato
What about big for head?

What about lack of finger printer reader? OK unlocking is good with their alternative, but what about logging into apps that don't use the face unlock?

Another gimmick too with their swipe to change songs etc. Reminds me of the squeeze for assistant gimmick. Is the squeeze still a thing on the p4?

Face unlock is so much faster. Hopefully apps will catch on.

Squeeze is awesome lot better doing that then saying ok Google in front of people. I use it all the time.

Soldato
I didn't find the battery on my pixel 4 to be bad at all. Screen brightness is fine, speakers are decent and the screen itself is fine. The camera is great. I think a lot of it has been blown out of proportion, if Google priced it cheaper I reckon they'd have sold more. A wide angle would have been better than telephoto imo.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Indeed, it has been blown out of proportion, and I do think it's too expensive. But it is a very good device.

Back
Top Bottom