The Official Hearthstone : Heroes of Warcraft Thread

Associate
Just started this 2 days ago my first time ever into in this kind of thing
Am enjoying it but don't seem to be able to get my head around this dust thing and making new cards how the heck do u do it lol

Also my lad really likes the look of it don't suppose any good samaritans have a spare beta key going do they have signed up to places for him but nothing , took ages for me to get a key :(

Soldato
Dust - you can get dust from the arena rewards or from disenchanting cards (which turns a card into dust). You don't get a lot of dust per card for the common cards (the stone in the middle of the card shows it's rarity - common white, rare blue, epic purple, legendary Orange) but legendaries give 400 dust. Gold cards give 2* their dust value so a gold legendary gives 800.

So, you have some dust. You want to create a card. Goto your decks > crafting mode (top right), find the card you want to make. The ones in faded blue mean you don't have any of them yet, the ones in colour you already have at least one (look underneath the card - you might already have 2x). Once you find the card to make you click it and the button to create it. Depending on it's rarity it will require a different amount of dust to create. Commons cost 40 dust, legendaries cost 1600 to make.

This same interface also allows you to disenchant cards - it will be the other button (there's one to create, one to dienchant). You'll see how much dust you will receive in green or how much it will cost you to create in red.

Check this page out for the other details: http://hearthstone.gamepedia.com/Rarity

You can not disenchant cards given to you by the game for levelling. There are considered "basic" and can't be disenchanted into dust (eg soulfire).

Game goes fully open in a few weeks to quote a blizzard employee:
We currently plan to invite all remaining opt-ins via direct account flagging and it will be done as one large wave. This invite wave has not yet happened, as we are still compiling the full list of accounts to be flagged. A notice will be sent once the wave happens.

Soldato
Are you looking for starter decks?

If you're new I'd first off get every class to 10, beat each classes normal and expert AI (expert's not hard) along the way. This will give you a few hundred gold and you'll get the cards you require (eg blessing of kings, flame strike etc...) for climbing ranked.

How do you access the expert AI?

Soldato
Dust - you can get dust from the arena rewards or from disenchanting cards (which turns a card into dust). You don't get a lot of dust per card for the common cards (the stone in the middle of the card shows it's rarity - common white, rare blue, epic purple, legendary Orange) but legendaries give 400 dust. Gold cards give 2* their dust value so a gold legendary gives 800.

Golden legeedaries give 1600 dust :http://hearthstone.gamepedia.com/Crafting#Disenchanting

Cost to craft:
Normal/Golden:
Common: 40/400
Rare: 100/800
Epic: 400/1600
Legendary: 1600/3200

Dust gained from disenchanting:
Normal/Golden:
Common: 5/50 Dust
Rare: 20/100 Dust
Epic: 100/400 Dust
Legendary: 400/1600 Dust

Associate
ok im enjoying this but not enjoying losing all the time

im slowly following what a previous poster said and have got about 4 heros to level 15 so far

im playing online games but i seem to be over powered all the time ,every time minnions seem to build up at a rate i cant keep up with lol but mine get destroyed so easy:)

and i still dont get this crafting thing i was under the impression you craft cards which are different to what you already have but it seems you are just crafting cards that you can get later in the game ?

also how do you get these golden cards do you need to buy packs and stuff

i have read quite a bit of those manuals and stuff but tbh with this being my first venture into this kind of game its all a bit overwhelming lol

what with becoming an old man now and my reactions slowing the kids are beating me on fifa and cod so thought a nice slow game like this would be relaxing lol

Associate
You get gold cards as a hero levels up.
hold the mouse over the heros level bar, a popup will show the next reward.

It's tricky to give the right advice since each hero+deck plays differently.
You might be missing some key cards as a new player ( I think the matchmaker tries to give you games you could win) so don't worry about winning,try to keep the board clear and the match going for as long as possible.

The arena will give you one card pack even if you lose 3 in a row but it can be intimidating at first.

Soldato
Gold cards are just flashy. They don't offer anything and have higher crafting/disenchanting costs. You unlock a few of the core character cards I think every 5 levels after 10. Not something to aim for, just a nice bonus.

Crafting just lets you get cards you think would be good in your deck without having to rely on card packs 'dropping' them. You can craft gold cards if you want too, they just cost more.

Soldato
so while i am building up coins should i open a pack with 100 coins or wait until 150 and enter the arena are the rewards better there

Arena is guaranteed to reward a card pack and I think you always get at least one other reward which can be dust or gold, even if you go 0/3. It can mean you end up paying 'over the odds' for a card pack if you do badly but at the same time, it gives you an opportunity to play with cards you don't have and lets you work on building a deck.

Soldato
Anything under 3 wins in the Arena is a net loss. If you can't win 3 games in the Arena regularly, you're better off spending gold on packs.

If you don't have card games experience, I suggest getting at least 100 wins in ranked before trying out the Arena.

Soldato
Sure but if you are playing arena just to go 0-3 then you probably shouldn't be doing that. Get 3 packs if you just buy them straight up but only 2 from arena with same amount of gold. Not really a good idea if you have no idea what cards are good with what and are having trouble winning in constructed..

Associate
If the world of trading card gaming is new to you and you are having a tough time, then I'd recommend searching online for a highly rated deck that someone with more knowledge has spent hours doing the hard work for you.

I would argue that as you are new, you are already going to have less chance at winning as you get accustom to the game and it's mechanics. At least if your deck is pretty solid, then that's one less thing going against you in a fight, because the starter decks are pretty crap unless you are going against AI.

Soldato
Sure but if you are playing arena just to go 0-3 then you probably shouldn't be doing that. Get 3 packs if you just buy them straight up but only 2 from arena with same amount of gold. Not really a good idea if you have no idea what cards are good with what and are having trouble winning in constructed..

Well you get dust/gold too so its not completely accurate.

Jumping straight into the arena right after beating the tutorial would be foolish but as said, there are good pre-made decks you can build using only free cards. Buying card packs won't necessarily help you there. Playing in the Arena to try and put some of that learning into making your own deck lets you play with cards you wouldn't have access to and you'll probably come up against cards you wouldn't normally expect either.

You'd have to be extremely unlucky to come up against someone with a perfect Murloc deck or something similar in Arena.

Soldato
Oops sorry about the dust mistake. I'm not playing all that much ranked but i swear it's much more common to come up against murloc decks earlier now. Always gotta pack that hellfire.

Patch incoming with the following changes
Blizzard said:
Unleash the Hounds - Cost decreased to 2, from 4.
Pyroblast - Cost increased to 10, from 8.
Blood Imp - Is now a 0/1 with Stealth. At the end of your turn, give another random friendly minion +1 Health.
Warsong Commander - Whenever you play a minion with 3 or less Attack, give it Charge.
Charge - Cost increased to 3, from 0. Give a friendly minion +2 Attack and Charge.
Abusive Sergeant - Battlecry: Give a minion +2 Attack until the end of turn.
Dark Iron Dwarf - Attack buff only lasts until the end of turn.
Defender of Argus - Attack decreased to 2, from 3.
Novice Engineer - Health decrease to 1, from 2.
Sylvanas Windrunner - Cost increased to 6, from 5.

The good news from a "fun perspective" I guess is no mage 20 dmg across turn 8/9, OTK warrior molten giants won't work, 2 turn kill alex warrior nerfed.

I think rogues & druids will do well with their easy removal early game and fast tempo decks. blood imp change was needed and still offers a fairly good buff on turn, player 2 turn 1 coin into 3/3 imp might be even stronger because on turn 2 if the first player puts down a 3/2 then player 2 can just ignore it knowing at the end of the turn it's 3/4 and they'd need to SSC / something else to remove etc...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom