The Official Hearthstone : Heroes of Warcraft Thread

Caporegime
am I the only one who feels like there is no point playing this unless you have a quest?

I don't see how this is so popular and scrolls only has about 1-3k concurrent players

Soldato
I think it's just Blizzard popularity. MTG for example doesn't get this much hype. That said, i'm enjoying playing hearthstone.

Yeah that was my point. Its a Blizzard game based on Warcraft lore. That means a lot of people are going to notice it and try it based on that alone.

Associate
Just about unlocked all the basic cards and made some decent starter decks, slowly getting addicted! Does anyone have any idea when this is due to be released?

Soldato
Having fun with the game lately. Few wins a few loses etc but meh its fun. :) Only thing for me is im not really learning the cards and combos that much i just play casually and hope for the best. Almost level 15 on my mage, its the only one i fancy playing cos if i pick a diff char i have to learn other cards and hero stuff all over again, maybe when im exhausted with the mage ill try the next one etc but for now im sticking with mage i guess.

About why its popular as the question has been put so to speak above a few posts. For me its nothing about blizzard that i like in the game its more of a easy to get into game with a light learning curve well to get started and having a few games i guess. Its presented really nicely and very easy to follow. The animations and card art is quite nice too. So guess them are my reasons for now. Oh and the fact its free and will be f2p when its out.

Qel

Qel

Associate
Just about unlocked all the basic cards and made some decent starter decks, slowly getting addicted! Does anyone have any idea when this is due to be released?

Its going to go into open beta this year, probably 'release' next year too, but they've already done the final progress wipe in the beta so anything you do now you won't lose.

Last edited:
Soldato
Well hopefully they would wipe the cards and give them gold back or something so everyones on a clean new start when the game officially launches. I wouldnt think it would be fair if we had ppl who played the beta had full sets of decks and high levels when the game opens compared to all the new players at that date.

Qel

Qel

Associate
Well hopefully they would wipe the cards and give them gold back or something so everyones on a clean new start when the game officially launches. I wouldnt think it would be fair if we had ppl who played the beta had full sets of decks and high levels when the game opens compared to all the new players at that date.

https://twitter.com/bdbrode/status/419174852604350464

They've already wiped them several times, last one around October/November last year I think. Besides, with people spending money in the beta (which was reimbursed as the equivalent in gold with the wipes) people would still have a headstart even if they wiped before release.

From the sound of it they don't see it as a problem and will rely on decent matchmaking, and to be fair I've had loads of games where someone drops legendary card X obviously thinking that as a 'I win' move when it was easily countered if you had half a clue.

Last edited:
Associate
The only reason I started playing this is because a mate introduced me to it.

I was on the fence when it was announced and took no interest until I actually played it.

https://twitter.com/bdbrode/status/419174852604350464

They've already wiped them several times, last one around October/November last year I think. Besides, with people spending money in the beta (which was reimbursed as the equivalent in gold with the wipes) people would still have a headstart even if they wiped before release.

From the sound of it they don't see it as a problem and will rely on decent matchmaking, and to be fair I've had loads of games where someone drops legendary card X obviously thinking that as a 'I win' move when it was easily countered if you had half a clue.

I pretty much had a basic deck yesterday in ranked and played someone who had raggy and sylvanas and managed to clear them with ease.. but if you ain't got the cards to handle it then you are pretty much screwed.

Last edited:
Soldato
I love it and my 8 year old son has took an interest but loses most of the time so his interest is waning (thank god)

I took my first shot at playing another player who seemed to take an age at deciding what to play and seemed to just have totem cards in his deck. Had loads of taunt as shaman and some nice + buffs as well but no match for my char. Amazing how when it get's to 10 how big the attacks can get 2* 6 damage which has no counters (ignores taunt) and then a 1 point smack can quickly take a player sitting nicely on 13 to 0. Just didn't let him build up any cards on the table finshed 15-0 to me.

I'm also a kickstarter backer for HEX TCG but it's still in alpha but Hearthstone has much more polish (and more importantly) can easily be played by kids. Where as HEX requires more thought into deck builds as you need to have resource cards (like pokemon)

Associate
In Crafting Mode, is there any way to craft a 2nd copy of a card that you have already crafted?

Sorry, I'm just being an idiot, I had less dust than I thought I did.

Caporegime
I'm also a kickstarter backer for HEX TCG but it's still in alpha but Hearthstone has much more polish (and more importantly) can easily be played by kids. Where as HEX requires more thought into deck builds as you need to have resource cards (like pokemon)
scrolls is really good to since you play the cards on a battlefield like a turn based strategy game.

it's not free though but I found it far more fun than hearthstone and getting cards doesn't take an age since you get a reward each game whether you lose or not , obviously the victor gets a greater reward.

there's also card trading in a trading card game amazingly.....
someone even made an auction house mod for it.

made by the minecraft guy and seems a lot more complicated than it is, although it can take a while to understand the synergy between some cards that can make OP combos if you can pull them off ^_^
each deck can have multiple strategies as well.
like decay can do a poison deck , a rush deck , a card recycle farm deck , a zombie hoard deck etc rather than each deck type being limited to one specific play style or you could just do a trick deck for an op combo and hope you manage to get what you need out and pull it off.

for example part of my trick deck is
kszQ2Iv.png
enchant it with this spell
g0z77xE.png
stick one of these next to it
N29vVwk.png
stick this enchant on the construct or watcher
L3Xe2yh.png
= perfect synergy
LOL as you want your units dead more than the enemy does :D.

even without the watcher you can do it with 2x animovre on the construct and for every one of your units that dies next to the construct ,you get 2 cards so you can end up with your whole deck in your hand which is stupidly fun

hard to pull it off though as most people see a wall go down and try to kill it before you get the HP up but it's awesome fun :D
you can also mix the different deck types as well and some of the cards have synergy to encourage it but that does get really complicated
totalbiscuit is total fail at it though.. like putting artillery peices down where they would hit where someone is standing IF it fired that turn rather than putting it somewhere to protect a lane someone could move to

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom