***The Official Home Recording Studio Thread***

Soldato
Is that an SM7B in the kick? How does that work out?

Honestly - I don't love it on it's own but blended with the kick out mic it sounds really nice. I don't think I'd use it again though, I don't normally use the kick out, too much bleed for me.

The engineer there always goes a bit crazy with the drum mics and I end up just using the basics.

Caporegime
OP
Heads up get iZotope Neutron Elements + FREE Exclusive Presets for free just buy a £1 plugin to your basket

worth it as this iZotope Neutron Elements also goes towards the standard version as a discount.

worth dong for a quid...I bought 2 crappy soundspot plugs for snicks and sniggles.:p

Go to https://www.pluginboutique.com/

SoundSpotOvertone £0.83

SoundSpotNebula £0.83

iZotope Neutron Elements + FREE Exclusive Presets!

AMOUNT PAID:£1.99

Its a powerful plugin and a no brainer for free :D

Soldato
How are you guys wrapping your cables? I'm sure you wrap them better than me. I've been doing mine badly ending up with tangles and kinks and effectively ruining them a bit. I've just learnt the over under technique from this video. I think I've got it now. Is this the way you do yours?

Soldato
Heads up get iZotope Neutron Elements + FREE Exclusive Presets for free just buy a £1 plugin to your basket

worth it as this iZotope Neutron Elements also goes towards the standard version as a discount.

worth dong for a quid...I bought 2 crappy soundspot plugs for snicks and sniggles.:p

Go to https://www.pluginboutique.com/

SoundSpotOvertone £0.83

SoundSpotNebula £0.83

iZotope Neutron Elements + FREE Exclusive Presets!

AMOUNT PAID:£1.99

Its a powerful plugin and a no brainer for free :D

I use Elements on nearly every channel now, I got it for a deal price and paid about 65 quid for it earlier this yeah, so to say I am gutted is an understatement.

Man of Honour
Thats ace Spinal Tap style

LOVE IT :D

Iron Maiden got upset because they thought they were the subject of Spinal Tap but the writer said it was Saxon who he toured round with and Saxon loved it.

I went to see High On Maiden the other week and that morning one of the guitarists cut the top of his finger off so they quickly rang other tributes and got a guitarist in.
The trouble was he was the wrong guitarist so the guy who played Adrian's parts had to quickly learn Dave's parts - I was stunned to be honest he could do it so quickly.

Associate
I play Adrians stuff in our band and think it would be easier to transition to play Davys stuff than the other way round. Davy has a improvisational style whereas Adrians stuff is very structured and phrased in a very complicated way. Toured with Saxon a bit too and never heard that story :)

Back
Top Bottom