The Official "How Much I Earn/What Job I Do" Information Thread

Soldato
That's my point, what on Earth does his 40k salary have to do with selling a fan for what it is worth, even if the sum happens to be only £2? It's just a bit of a silly thing to say imo. £40k after 40% tax and living costs is hardly the Euromillions, and money is money.

£2 for a fan = £2 for a pint.... regardless whether you earn 15k or 150k

Granted, if you earn 150k you could argue its not worth the time and effort for the % of your money it will bring back

Soldato
That's my point, what on Earth does his 40k salary have to do with selling a fan for what it is worth, even if the sum happens to be only £2? It's just a bit of a silly thing to say imo. £40k after 40% tax and living costs is hardly the Euromillions, and money is money.

If we are comparing 'The Boss of Coca Cola' losing a tenner out of his wallet, to a regular guy earning 40k and selling fans for a few quid, then I think we all need to step back and get a bit of perspective.

And for the record, generally the more you earn the more careful you are with small amounts of money. I work for a large financial company and see examples of it all the time.

my comment was not really clear.

one user who is not earning anywhere near 40k like he stated - something i know for a fact
he was also selling fans for £2 and searching a few other posts shows more about his finances.. nuff said

my point was im sure a few people in this thread have upped there salary in the same sense that people become keyboard warriors, its always the way.

that's all, it not aimed at everyone and i properly should have worded correctly

Soldato
Finished studying a degree in forensic science in 2009, finding it hard to get jobs and didn't get onto a pgce in chemistry in September just gone.

Will reapply for general science and chemistry at some less popular universities this year.

Currently work at a supermarket and I'm also volunteering as a Chemistry technician at my local college 2 days a week. (job opportunities there)

Hopefully I should have a little more direction by the end of the year.

Permabanned
Finished studying a degree in forensic science in 2009, finding it hard to get jobs and didn't get onto a pgce in chemistry in September just gone.

Will reapply for general science and chemistry at some less popular universities this year.

Currently work at a supermarket and I'm also volunteering as a Chemistry technician at my local college 2 days a week. (job opportunities there)

Hopefully I should have a little more direction by the end of the year.

That must really suck, not being able to get a job after all that work gaining the degree.

Good luck to you and I hope you can find something more commensurate with your degree soon. :)

Back
Top Bottom