The Official "How Much I Earn/What Job I Do" Information Thread

How you finding it mate? PGCE was a consideration of mine but decided to at least attempt a big money path first to see if I enjoy it. Early signs....no lol

Teaching is awesome. Very hard work though (yes it is before people go off on one). I can imagine it being horrible though if you're in the wrong school.

Teaching is awesome. Very hard work though (yes it is before people go off on one). I can imagine it being horrible though if you're in the wrong school.

I considered it and also applied for a PGCE.

Having witnessed my mother become a teacher and progress to head of department, I can safely say I'm glad I didn't - the work load is ridiculous and requires a huge amount of self motivation in your own personal time.

5pm is when I want to finish.

Salary: Roughly £16,000
Job: Programming for large routers, Cutting kitchen/bedroom doors.
Education: Level 3 IT Netwok Engineeer(Not the job i got)
Hrs Per Week: 40Hr Per week, The odd weekend making it around 48hrs

Salary: £20-25k
Job: PhD Student / Research Assistant
Education: Level 6 - MEng (Hons) (is that a kind of 6.5? not sure)
Hrs Per Week: I never count :p Work as much as I want / can take, so usually about 40-50 hours per week

Salary: £28k-35k (employed permanent bonus scheme... daddy is the big boss up stairs :D)
Job: Bricklayer/Single Ply Installer
Education: GCSE grades B and below...
Hrs Per Week: 8am-3.30pm/4.00pm

26-30, currently £0, Self-employed IT (contractor), Level 6 education, London

My income is 0 at the minute because I left my last contract a couple of months ago to do some freelance work that hasn't brought any money in yet.
That's coming to an end now so am going to be looking for a new contract soon, which should bump me up a few notches!

Pretty timely that this thread was bumped today as the freelance stuff I was doing back when I first posted this thread has finally started to come good as of today.
The guys I was doing it with confirmed their first sale this morning, so I may see some money coming in from that at some point soon.
As it happened I got a contract a few weeks after posting that, so have been getting some money in in the meantime anyway!

Salary: £20-25k
Job: PhD Student / Research Assistant
Education: Level 6 - MEng (Hons) (is that a kind of 6.5? not sure)
Hrs Per Week: I never count :p Work as much as I want / can take, so usually about 40-50 hours per week

I just skim read some of the blog in your sig and noticed that you're supervised by a certain Scotsman by the name of Stewart. I know him well, he was my director of studies for three years.:)

Need you make your self known for the beers :) Last ones were last saturday, next ones will be in a few weeks if -Ad- has recovered lol

KaHn

Sure, sounds good! You already emailed me before in my trust. Im heading down to the glasgow meet this weekend but let me know when you guys are meeting up!

Ah right, sorry i'm crap with emailing people, gimme a shout during the week, as long as it doesn't end up in the strippers again, mid week beers are ok :)

KaHn

So far its only me and -Ad- in the OcUK Aberdeen club, well were the only ones who have went out for "one or two" beers.

KaHn

I might be joining you a few years down the line :)

Salary: 20-25k
Job: Process Engineer intern, Oil & Gas
Education: 6/7 (still at uni)
Hrs per week: 37.5

Ok, What part of town you staying in? You drink in the centre? Im staying up near the art gallery/war memorial.

Usually around for a few midweek (a few only!) or Fri/Sat for a proper night out.

Need you make your self known for the beers :) Last ones were last saturday, next ones will be in a few weeks if -Ad- has recovered lol

KaHn

Cheeky ****! :D

Always a cracking night, but I'm worried some of these OCUKers might not have it in them to keep up (especially with all those Double JD Cokes)

I might be joining you a few years down the line :)

Salary: 20-25k
Job: Process Engineer intern, Oil & Gas
Education: 6/7 (still at uni)
Hrs per week: 37.5

Keep at it, you've made the best start, wish I came into the sector at your age!

Get yourself up here when you can, plenty of jobs and a plethora of companies to work for!

Back
Top Bottom