The Official "How Much I Earn/What Job I Do" Information Thread

I remember pulling the curly haired girl, but you didnt do anything with the gay or fatty, I remember everything untill I got food, fresh air and all that lol

KaHn

Oh I don't remember the food bit :(

See people, come to Aberdeen for epic nights out!!!

Oh I don't remember the food bit :(

See people, come to Aberdeen for epic nights out!!!

When I had my companies Christmas party last year, I stayed an extra night and went out on a a pub crawl with some of my mates who live in Aberdeen. Our christmas jumpers went down a treat :D.

Good time to update as I start on Monday, woop di woop! It seems the OcUK Aberdeen contingent is growing at quite a rate :D

Salary: £30001-40000 (+Relocation allowance +Offshore rate)
Job: Project Engineer - Oil & Gas
Education: Level 7
Hrs: 37.5

Congrats!

Who did you get a job with in the end?

Salary: 20,001-25,000
Sector: Military
Education: Level 3
Hours: An average of 64. 12 hours shifts in a 2 days, 2 nights, 4 off pattern.

Salary: Er, minimum wage + tips
Job: Bar staff
Education: Level 6
Hours: Currently around 50. Festival times.

Temporary post graduation job before I head over to China. But hey, I'll likely be earning even less over there :p

Salary: 15,001-20,000
Sector: Private IT
Education: Level 3
Hours: 37.5

People depress me, Im a "trainee" at the moment, im hoping to high heaven I get a pay rise end of next month when my year is up, as im finding it very hard at the moment.

What are you going to be doing over there? :)

Initially teaching, but hopefully not forever. I did have a job offer to do some in house proof reading and translation work with Sony Ericsson (Sadly, a lot of places are trying to get rid of Chinglish from instruction manuals), but I had to defer my finals, so the position went. Got that just by meeting people over there last time, so while teaching will be my in, I'll see what I can find once I'm back over there :) Half tempted to go back to the city I was in before for the contacts, but I'd like to head to somewhere bigger really - spent a lot of time in Beijing and Shanghai, but never had my own flat there, so that'd be a different experience.

Then again, I've had people attempting to sway me towards Taiwan recently. Could be fun too.

Back
Top Bottom