The Official "How Much I Earn/What Job I Do" Information Thread

Soldato
I am also curious as to how this trend seems to present itsself. Do you think those that take the education route find them selves stuck on a set career path, whereas those that do not have the contraints of education are free to push further in a field as they are not labeled with a specific level of education?

Or are the dunces too busy dribbling to get women and thus earn more money due to having more time on their hands? :p

The problem is 40+k isn't that high for anyone who is a contractor in their field.

But its all relative, I love these threads as people always seem to question their own choices in life and wonder why they don't earn the same as someone else.

Just live your life :)

KaHn

Soldato
26-30, currently £0, Self-employed IT (contractor), Level 6 education, London

My income is 0 at the minute because I left my last contract a couple of months ago to do some freelance work that hasn't brought any money in yet.
That's coming to an end now so am going to be looking for a new contract soon, which should bump me up a few notches!

Don
The problem is 40+k isn't that high for anyone who is a contractor in their field.

But its all relative, I love these threads as people always seem to question their own choices in life and wonder why they don't earn the same as someone else.

Just live your life :)

KaHn

amen to that actually

If this thread had been posted this time last year my answers would have been

31-35, 0-20k Ski Instructor/Ski Sales Rep, level 2-3 (got one A/S), 1-6" (cold in the alps) , 35 hours

darn site happier, healthier but not really ever going to get anywhere doing it!

Associate
26-30, 25k, games industry artist, level 6, stupid amount of hours, north West

Stupid amount of hours for small pay contary to belief of the games forum where we are considered as lazy money grabber porters of titles, bah.

Associate
22-25, 30001-40000, IT, Level 3, 37.5

Find this all quite interesting. I thought i was doing well for 23 but it appears to be fairly average for this place.

I also find it encouraging how many people have level 3ish education but still do well.

Last edited:
Associate
16-18 (18)
Self employed (poker player)
Currently studying in level 6 education.
Anywhere between 20 and 70 hours a week.
£25001-30000

Associate
22-25, 30001-40000, IT, Level 3, 37.5

Find this all quite interesting. I thought i was doing well for 23 but it appears to be fairly average for this place.

I also find it encouraging how many people have level 3ish education but still do well.

*** is wrong with you? You thought you were doing well for 23? :eek: You bloody well are mate! :p Despite the impression from this thread not a lot of people I know at 23 have 30k+ jobs and work 37.5 hours holy shet! It's not average at all be happy :D

I'm 19-21, £14k, I.T/warehouse, Lvl 3, 42.5. Plan to maybe do a degree or get a Microsoft Cert whilst at this job then move on up.

Last edited:
Soldato
22-25, 20001-25000, Engineering - office & lab based, Level 7, 31 to 40 hrs, although I put in a few extra hours here and there.

Sounds like me, although it's less wondering why I don't earn as much as someone else, and more considering what areas might be worth moving in to to get more money. I've worked on and off for about 2 years at the company I'm at now, and I enjoy it but can't see myself staying there forever.

Back
Top Bottom