*** The Official HTC One M8 Thread ***

Mobster
Soldato
More info is coming out about this phone everyday so I thought it would be good to make a thread in preparation of its arrival :).

Rumoured specs:

Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 CPU
4MP 'Ultrapixel' rear-camera and 2.1MP front-facing camera
5 inch 1080p display
2GB RAM
Android 4.4 KitKat

Leaked photos were recently posted here: http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_m8_photos_leak-news-7140.php

The specs look very good, except that 4MP camera. They really need to up that to 8MP!

Official specs:

• Operating system - Android 4.4
  • Processor - Quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 @ 2.3GHz
  • RAM - 2GB
  • Screen - 5in LCD, 1920x1080 resolution (441ppi)
  • Camera - 4.1UP and dedicated depth sensor rear, 5MP front
  • Storage - 16/32GB (microSD expandable by up to 128GB)
  • Connectivity - 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, NFC, Bluetooth 4.0 with aptX
  • Battery - 2600mAh
  • Dimensions/weight - 146x71x9.4mm/160g

Photos:

wWJnElL.jpg

P5APHsb.jpg

Xficnmf.jpg

UyW4bXa.jpg

http://www.htc.com/assets-desktop/images/about/newsroom/pr-2014-03-25.jpg

No hotlinked images, if you want to post them please rehost them on your own webspace. Thank you.

Video reviews:

MKBHD - first impressions:

DetroitBORG - unboxing and review:

Android Authority - review:

Last edited:
Mobster
Soldato
OP
[TW]Fox;25410950 said:
'Official' thread for a phone that doesnt exist. Can we not drop the meaningless 'official' from quite literally half the threads in this forum? Whats wrong with just having an M8 Thread? Why does it need to be official with 8 stars?

Anyway, promising news though I may skip this generation as I can't see it offering much over my One.

Fair enough. Mods, can you please re-name this thread: 'HTC M8 Thread'?

Edit: Request sent to MODs.

Last edited:
Mobster
Soldato
OP
MicroSD card slot is a must. I've been using the HO & I'm missing the expandable storage more & more as time passes. Also the UltraPixel camera is a bit of a let down to be honest.

That's the thing that Samsung really have in their favour currently. I'm thinking a removable back (but not a removable battery) with a MicroSD, like on the Max.

I've just noticed a problem: releasing phones the early part of the year is a really bad idea! The newer, better CPUs, etc. always come out later, so these phones will always have 'bad' specs! The Note 3's release time is perfect, because all the new chips, etc. have come out when it is released.

Mobster
Soldato
OP
On a slight side note:
Should anyone be looking for a good earbud upgrade for a reasonable price I highly recommend the Soundmagic E10's @ £30. They've won awards for 3 years running from What Hi-Fi and to me are up there with some of the £100 ones.

Not to mention the Silver/Black actually is a really close match for the Gun Metal/Black of the phone. :)

Quite possibly the best £30 I've spent in a long time.

Klipsch S4 is good too, as is the Jays a-Jays One+ (my current personal pair).

Mobster
Soldato
OP
better speakers and design on the M8 - Z2 is an ungainly dull slab with horrible flappy bits.

The speakers aren't categorically better on the M8 - depends on the genre of music and even then, the difference is noticeable. If you had the Z2, you'd be very pleased with the speaker quality.

Neither design is particularly inspiring: the M8 looks like an iPhone, as does the Z2.

Back
Top Bottom