*** The Official HTC One M8 Thread ***

Man of Honour
You'd hope they fix the build issues, they were pretty bad on the original HTC One. No excuses now as the manufacturing process is largely the same.

Soldato
its too big for what it is.. nexus 5 for e.g. IMO is the perfect size! s4 is great too.. but z2/m8 etc are just getting into a phablet territory IMO with no extra screen estate so what's the point bar the speakers?

Soldato
its too big for what it is.. nexus 5 for e.g. IMO is the perfect size! s4 is great too.. but z2/m8 etc are just getting into a phablet territory IMO with no extra screen estate so what's the point bar the speakers?

I agree - somewhere between the Moto X and Nexus 5 is the perfect size for me.

Moto X is the best in hand feeling phone I've used so far.

Soldato
One thing i do think is that thickness may not be too much of an issue with it starting very thin and tapering into the centre.

Soldato

At least the Z2 has a very large battery, is water/dust proof this all adds Size. HTC just seems to have stereo speakers, which IIRC Z2 also has. HTC seems to be wasting a lot of space on god knows what.

Soldato
I am really liking the images above, will definitely be having a play with it when it comes out.
Now I just need to restrain myself till the Note 4 comes out

Soldato
I agree - somewhere between the Moto X and Nexus 5 is the perfect size for me.

Moto X is the best in hand feeling phone I've used so far.

yeah moto x really does feel good in hand.. so does moto g tbh

At least the Z2 has a very large battery, is water/dust proof this all adds Size. HTC just seems to have stereo speakers, which IIRC Z2 also has. HTC seems to be wasting a lot of space on god knows what.

yup at least z2 has a lot going for it :) if oppo doesn't pwn current gen then Z2 is the winner this time.. or maybe LG will come out with something crazy!

Associate
Small print makes me laugh:

*Available storage is less due to phone software

Drives me up the wall that they can say that but then not say what storage is available so people can actually know what's what before buying.

Man of Honour
Someone actually put one on eBay (where the pics of the box are from): http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_one_4g_lte_goes_on_sale_on_ebay-news-8016.php :p

This is likely good news as it means HTC have everything ready for a quick launch, which is important as they don't want the phone coming out a month after the S5 and Z2.

Current disappointments are -

No obvious improvement to rear camera at this stage
2GB RAM, think 3 is nicer to have

Aside from that it's looking pretty good.

Soldato
Drives me up the wall that they can say that but then not say what storage is available so people can actually know what's what before buying.

Since when has that happened in any computer description ever?

But the main thing is that new variants and SKUs appear all the time (apps/media are added/removed/updated) and it would be absolutely impossible to print a figure that is accurate for all territories at all times.

Soldato
Looks really good - might be tempted to trade in my "original" HTC One for one of these - already a year into my two year contract on it so need something new ;)

The SD card slot is the important part - hopefully it takes micro SDXC cards too as I'm now getting low on space on my 32GB phone already ...

Back
Top Bottom