*** The Official HTC One M8 Thread ***

Do you have a pin code set on your phone by any chance? I had a similar issue on windows 10 with my nexus 5, I would plug it in but it would only show the name of my phone, not the files. Once I entered my pin on the phone whilst it was plugged in, the files then appeared in Windows.

ahh I've only recently set a pattern code. Makes sense. I'll check tomorrow.

edit: yes it was that. Thanks. Fairly obvious thing to happen when you think about it but doubt I would have thought of it. I've never used a lock until recently. Just thought I should put one on

Last edited:
Something weird has happened with my M8 - for some strange reason I can't hear the other person when I receive any call!?!?

They can hear me fine and if I call them back then the call works fine on both ends but there is simply nothing coming through my speaker on receiving a call!?!?!

I know the phone did a software update yesterday which is the only thing I can think has changed on my handset recently!

I've tried turning it on and off but it hasn't made any difference!

Anyone have any ideas??

Something weird has happened with my M8 - for some strange reason I can't hear the other person when I receive any call!?!?

They can hear me fine and if I call them back then the call works fine on both ends but there is simply nothing coming through my speaker on receiving a call!?!?!

I know the phone did a software update yesterday which is the only thing I can think has changed on my handset recently!

I've tried turning it on and off but it hasn't made any difference!

Anyone have any ideas??
Try factory reset

I have had a glass screen protector on since day one. Today I have notice what looks like a crack in the screen. Its not been dropped and has been in a good case since day one.

Any idea how this could have happened, and anything I can do.

Im well beeb off.

just checked for software updates and it shows 3 updates. the first updated pretty quick and now the second one is downloading. It's 1.16gb. Mines the unlocked version

HTC yesterday said:
HTC has announced that the One M8 units in the UK will start receiving the Android 6.0 update in the next 48 hours. The announcement came in the form of a tweet sent out by the company's official UK twitter account.

HTC said:
ONE m9 to follow shortly
:o

Last edited:
Got Marshmallow today. Like it so far, not sure why they switched the weather and clock on the widget or removed the auto Screen timeout tho!

Upgraded mine the other day ... well that was an interesting ride .... seems to have changed the path for accessing my SD card which meant that any apps which had been moved to it broke as well as losing my music (and playlists) in Poweramp. Fixing the apps was easily fixed by moving them to internal storage and back again but a pain.

Thats odd - mine was fine and all of my apps that could be moved to SD storage have been.

I do like the little improvements here and there. like pages for recently opened apps. much better!

Upgraded mine the other day ... well that was an interesting ride .... seems to have changed the path for accessing my SD card which meant that any apps which had been moved to it broke as well as losing my music (and playlists) in Poweramp. Fixing the apps was easily fixed by moving them to internal storage and back again but a pain.

Had a similar issue, forget about apps that I had manually moved data to the SD card so when I formatted it as internal they all stopped working and I couldn't access the app manager to remove.

Fixed by doing the hold down and delete option but might do a factory reset and start again with the SD card unified from the beginning.

Also noticed that the BBC iplayer radio app keeps crashing now but that might just be an update to that app.

Hmm had lots of apps crashing today so will have to do a reset.

I was expecting performance to slow down a bit by unifying the storage but seems very unstable at the min.

No, but the only thing I cannot stress enough is to back up your stock bootloader before putting twrp or anything on instead

Ok, its ages since Ive flashed a phone, but its already s-off which would make things easier, I bought it as a stop gap after selling my z5 but theres a couple of annoying bugs which I was hoping might be in the GPE edition, 1st being I cant print emails and the 2nd is that when sending photos by email I cant resize them? I use it when i'm out on site taking pictures of temporary fixings we place on the roadside and can sometimes send about 60+ a day so they soon mount up on my inbox (and data but that's unlimited atm)

Back
Top Bottom