*** The Official HTC One M8 Thread ***

My battery life has been carp since I flashed GPE. I then flashed Sense FW back and ARHD and it's still bad. The only way to sort it is to turn of location completely. I don't know what's keeping it awake so consistently with location on.

My battery is exactly the same...but yesterday messenger did go mental... its an app bug just force stop and restart - goes away.

Other than that, loving the update.

Thanks just done that, it's currently plugged into my PC, charging but still going down!

Whats the best way to backup photos etc? Is the built in HTC backup any good? Going have to do a factory reset by the looks of it.

So far have to say I'm quite liking lollipop, there a few niggles that weren't there with kitkat but hopefully these will be sorted in future updates.

My main issue is text/sms, for some reason opening contacts & typing messages is very laggy. Can take up to 30 seconds to open a contact and then typing takes ages, like it's catching up. Tried different keyboards & apps but have the same issue.

Anyone else experience this?

I'm experiencing the same with any text field on a regular basis be it browser, fb messenger, whatsapp etc etc. And as I just posted in the apps thread, sometimes the keyboard won't appear at all and I have to restart the phone!

My phone will no longer take pictures... :( It takes it but does not save anything.

I've rebooted but no difference. Tried both phone and SD storage. No rooted, completely stock running Lollipop.

Any ideas please?

I've joined the M8 club.
Picked a brand new M8 up for £160 from Gumtree. Came from a Moto G 4G.
It's beautifully made, it's fast, and the battery here seems fine - used it a moderate amount all day, and it's still on 50%+.

I've owned my m8 since launch, simply put it's the best phone I have ever owned. It's taken so much abuse, has been dropped more times than I care to remember and always survived up until the most recent drop which smashed the screen. Mine came on a promotion with a little boom base speaker and a case which are both also superb.

I'm keeping this broken one to use with arunchained and my headunit and am moving over to the M9 to see what it is all about. If my m8 wasn't so abused then I probably wouldn't bother moving away from it to be honest, it really is a great phone.

I've joined the M8 club.
Picked a brand new M8 up for £160 from Gumtree. Came from a Moto G 4G.
It's beautifully made, it's fast, and the battery here seems fine - used it a moderate amount all day, and it's still on 50%+.

That's a huge qualitative step up there dude amazing price too:cool:

Just over a week in, and still love it. Brilliant bit of kit. It's certainly brilliant with battery life for light use. Heavy use and it struggles a little, but the odd social media check and it'll fly though a day or two. Screen is stunning. No problems with the camera. Super fast. Very happy!

Also going to keep a good eye on any more bargains like this one...

I'm using Google play Edition Stock 5.1. Only started using it yesterday but so far so good.

One question: what is the first icon for in my status bar? (Looks like a stop sign)

2s0cn88.png

Back
Top Bottom