*** The official HTC One S thread ***

Got my update.... wooohooo.... so what does it give me then? :-) G

- faster throughout :eek: a bit smoother as well especially for sense stuff
- more free RAM
- wifi strength has definitely improved as well as the speeds slightly (can't test just how much stronger the signal is, as it is raining outside and that is the only time when my wifi is the weakest i.e. 1-2 bars :p)
- signal strength with "GSM only" connection has improved, getting full bars most of the time now (although it still goes back to 3 or so every now and then and is why there is virtually no difference in the screens below), however, it has vastly improved when I have a "WCDMA only" connection as you can see
- data speeds aren't much better although the upload is higher and the ping is a bit better
- browsing seems much quicker
- sense browser has an updated UI, which is much nicer and more functional, the double tap to zoom in renders the page a lot quicker
- as we all know, the 3 dot menu button tweak
- EA games, where we can get dead space for free (looks great and works very well on the S)
- I think multi-tasking is a bit better as well

:p

Wifi strength and no 3 button menu is most noticeable for me. Full wifi the majority of the time compared to 0/1 bars. Also i seem to be getting an extra bar of mobile signal as well.

Last edited:
I think the phone was just fine before the update (I just love updates for software! :p :o), the only real issue I had was the 3 dot menu button and signal not being very consistent, but after the update I would say that everything has been improved in my experience so far and that there isn't much left to be improved upon apart from improving the signal even more as well as smoothness and fixing the camera with regards to some colours being too over saturated i.e. reds and also improving 1080P recording (doubt this will ever happen though), although the camera may have improved with the new update, I haven't tested it yet....

Nope this isn't jellybean, just a minor android update from 4.0.3 to 4.0.4. Jellybean will hopefully be coming next month as supposedly the X is getting it then.

Can't wait to test it out on the S :D

EDIT:

Wait one thing I have noticed with the camera is auto focus, it has improved especially for close up shots and video recording, although only tested it briefly......

Last edited:
Nexus18,what's the theme for go sms that you use please? I've been after a good minimal dark theme for a while!

Here you go :)

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=22383723&postcount=1767

I updated my one s but I can't seem to find EA Game box :confused:

Also mine phone seems to restart now and again, anybody having this trouble?

No restarting problems for me so far, *touch wood*.....

Think I seen a similar comment on xda.

Not sure about ea games.

Ok thanks both. I've looked up about the phone restarting and there are other people who are having the same issue. Somebody emailed HTC and they said they were unaware of the problem, so hopefully they maybe working on a fix,

About the EA Games still haven't got a clue lol.

Other people are more qualified than me, but perhaps your update has not quite taken.

I must admit, the whole process was much quicker and smoother than I anticipated.

Is the phone reporting the correct software number? (settings>about phone>sofware info)

Android version 4.0.4
Sense version 4.1
software number 2.31.401.5

I just had a 'SIM customisation' update. Anyone else? I'm on giff gaff..

Me too, who's going to be first to install it?

I wonder if it is something that will allow us to change the My number field on the sim card?

e:
Aww it's just a change to the software that runs when you change your sim over.

Last edited:
Other people are more qualified than me, but perhaps your update has not quite taken.

I must admit, the whole process was much quicker and smoother than I anticipated.

Is the phone reporting the correct software number? (settings>about phone>sofware info)

Android version 4.0.4
Sense version 4.1
software number 2.31.401.5
My info is saying:

Android Version 4.0.4
Sense version 4.1
Software number 2.38.61.2

Me too, who's going to be first to install it?

I wonder if it is something that will allow us to change the My number field on the sim card?

e:
Aww it's just a change to the software that runs when you change your sim over.
I'm brave I installed it straight away :p

Er, so what does that do then?

Back
Top Bottom