*** The official HTC One S thread ***

Here are the screens from my last charge, this time it showed the main culprit(s)! (suspend backoff wasn't as bad as what I originally thought, but still using more than what it should!)

dEWvo.png HrAau.png

Again similar usage as before, for the majority of the on screen time, my brightness was set to 0%.

Well this update has certainly improved my wifi signal. Getting an almost constant full/2 bars rather than 0/1. Still getting suspend_backoff triggering though... 15mins of it in only 27mins :/

Well I have to admit after doing another rebbot and forget the old wifi connection and re scanning strength and speed of connection does seem improved. Although I am unsure were to find the setting regarding last used apps to menu is to change it? :)

Am just doing the update now.........wait, it has just booted :D Time to run the tests again :D :p

Regarding menu button tweak, iirc in the settings>display

EDIT:

Dead space for free! :eek: Nice! :cool:

About time too....

Not had much time to post about my phone. Few things going on at home. had to abandon my computer room and all its contents :( Lots of trips to the tip etc. God I have hoarded some crap over the years.

Its for a good cause though. I am going to have something far more interesting to use the camera for......

I am going to be a dad :eek::)

Anyway, downloading update now :)

things feel snappier to me using go launcher again, wifi is definitely downloading faster, app multitasking seems improved (and i have slightly more ram available now), no 3-dot menu (AMAZING).

pretty pleased with this update, just a shame we couldn't get it about a month ago :p

Ok, this is what I have noticed so far:

- faster throughout :eek: a bit smoother as well especially for sense stuff
- more free RAM
- wifi strength has definitely improved as well as the speeds slightly (can't test just how much stronger the signal is, as it is raining outside and that is the only time when my wifi is the weakest i.e. 1-2 bars :p)
- signal strength with "GSM only" connection has improved, getting full bars most of the time now (although it still goes back to 3 or so every now and then and is why there is virtually no difference in the screens below), however, it has vastly improved when I have a "WCDMA only" connection as you can see
- data speeds aren't much better although the upload is higher and the ping is a bit better
- browsing seems much quicker
- sense browser has an updated UI, which is much nicer and more functional, the double tap to zoom in renders the page a lot quicker
- as we all know, the 3 dot menu button tweak
- EA games, where we can get dead space for free (looks great and works very well on the S)
- I think multi-tasking is a bit better as well

Battery life too early to tell. But so far a very nice update :)

Before on left and after update on right:

b3pJr.png rg8hK.png

1WziW.png jYjw2.png

qMAgi.png yV9Hc.png

And speed tests, repeated the test twice:

0g9wC.png

I am going to be a dad :eek::)

Congrats! :D

Don't want to jinx it or anything but i'm pretty sure i've fixed my suspend_backoff issue :eek:

Just tried every solution i could find on the net, each time setting a custom ref in better battery stats and leaving the phone for 5 mins or so.

Just did this one
Turned off internet synch under Google account and my battery was stable again for the last 2 hours.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=28514387&postcount=22

and...
2012-09-24_17-17-14.png
2012-09-24_17-18-44.png

Yeah, I have that disabled too, just checked to make sure it hadn't re-enabled itself though :p Google play books did though!

Using go sms pro again now that the 3 dot menu is gone :D Still don't like how bloated it is though, but my black/blue ICS UI/colour scheme is much nicer than the green/white colours scheme of the default one :p

I will say it again :p, so far this update is very good. My battery "might" be back to normal, although still far too early to tell for sure.......

What browser are you guys using now?

Only thing that I still have to test is the camera with regards to quality/colours, IIRC people said the front camera had improved a lot, so will have to test it as well.

ICS Browser + still. I like it, haven't really tried any others except chrome because i can't think of any features it lacks that i need.

Phone does feel smoother. Spare ram difference is HUGE. Sitting at a constant 250+ free instead of ~150-180. Looks like it might be more efficient at closing things after use? Not sure.

Browser seems to refresh less when multi tasking, unless it's just a bit of a fluke so far. If that is the case that is a massive improvement.

Played around with my homescreen, going to see how i get on having app shortcuts on it for once :o
Using Metrostation icon pack
i1ekK.jpg

Back
Top Bottom