*** The official HTC One S thread ***

@Gavin

Personally I would not have any battery/temperature meters as they will consume battery life and in my case with the spica were big drainers.

If you just want tracking get rid of lookout as it is currently using a fair chunk of your battery level and buy cereberus, costs like £2 and is far better plus uses no battery life at all unless you are using the features of it.

You can keep Facebook syncing, just increase the sync time and you can keep the weather syncing as well but don't have it set to like every hour. You can also keep the weather lock screen, it doesn't use too much but it is a decent amount and every little bit adds up :p my weather syncs every 3 hours.

As I said before, for me that would be a lot, in fact that would be probably 2 weeks worth of calls for me :p I use texts/whatsapp more often instead and if I need to make phone calls, I usually have a landline around me as well :p for me my phone is more of a multimedia phone, used more for camera, news, browsing, games, videos.

That is all that I can suggest for now, lookout is the main culprit currently.

Plus you still haven't told me what your screen brightness is!!! This is always very important.

Also, make sure you don't have max WiFi performance enabled, settings>WiFi>menu>advanced settings

Last edited:
screen brightness is set very low. so manual basically.

And ive uninstalled lookout as you suggest and i will redo facebook and weather settings:)

Thanks

No problem :)

Regarding my battery issues, instead of a factory reset, I have uninstalled the majority of apps, which aren't really necessary such as ex dialer, go sms, quick ics browser etc. (sense apps are perfectly good and very quick, just not as pretty as pretty regarding the colour scheme :p :(), still using apex and 3rd party widgets though (but got rid of "tasks"), so will see how this goes for a few days first and if no change, then a factory reset! :p

Vodafone released 4.0.4 today yay :D

The weather app is finally updating automatically and the WiFi performance has improved a lot.

Last edited:
Did anyone get Asphalt 7 in the sale recently? It's great but really annoying as it seems to keep minimising on me mid-race. Fortunately it automatically pauses so I can just go back to it, but it's pretty annoying!

Yeah i did i've only played a few races but didn't have any troubles.

Play it a bit more and let me know? :p It was fine for my first two races but now it's minimising all the time. Shame.

Btw, I just wanted to say I can't believe I used Chrome for so long! Im now a total convert to Quick ICS browser. It's awesome!

I've run out of phone storage space on my One S, but still have over a gig free on he internal storage. is there any way to move media to the internal storage?I'm confused as most apps seem to install to the internal storage anyways, but my downloads are failing at present due to lack of space, which would imply they are trying to go on the phone storage?

Apologies if this has already been answered..

If and when we get JB on this phone, how will it impact Flash support? I hear the Nexus tab with Jelly Bean has no Flash support out of the box.

I actually use the BBC IPlayer more than I ever thought I would. Will I have any options other than not updating?

afaik, flash will still work on jellybean, it just won't be optimized for it and no more updates etc. will still be able to download it from the market as BBC weren't happy with the decision as they said that HTML 5 has many problems on their site and so adobe/google put it back on the market for the UK, besides if it gets taken down again, I'll just upload the latest version of the apk here and you can install using estrongs ;)

There is a BBC iplayer app that you could use though, works fine on my S, the quality isn't that great though.

Thanks Nexus. Its the App that I use. Works really well. To be fair, I only use it via WiFi in bed.

I was concerned that the app would no longer work upon the arrival of Jelly Bean

Back
Top Bottom