*** The official HTC One S thread ***

Soldato
I just got the 4.1.1 and Sense 4+ update today on my Tmob One S and now whenever I try to play a video I've recorded my phone hangs (screen goes black and the bottom 3 buttons do not respond)

I then have to do a reset and the phone then sends an error report to HTC.

I'm a bit annoyed by this. My phone has been 100% rock solid and error free for months until this update today.

Caporegime
Lol, yeah it can be a pita but only way to be sure to avoid problems! :p

Good to hear, another good alternative is gallery ics, has some nice editing effects/features overall :) but quick pic is better for everything else.

Soldato
I'd say a full reset is always worth it after a big update like this, but I'm glad you've got it sorted.

Scalado is another gallery worth checking out, it's a shame no 3rd party app has been updated for multiple shots per pic/burst mode though.

Caporegime
Haven't used the camera too much since the update but from what I have so far, the colours are definitely less saturated, more natural now :(, the image looks clearer/sharper though and the red balance is MUCH better, get a wee bit of the "glow effect" when doing an up close shot though, below shots taken with auto/default settings under one halogen light:

YWXRQh.jpg

5xpfUh.jpg

2ioICh.jpg

Ey2KAh.jpg

The white glow effect is still there i.e. when you have a lot of a white object with bright light shining on it, but not as bad as before, this time the main target of the shot doesn't seem to have the effect (at least not as much anyway), only the background white objects do.

Compulsory cat pic! :p (can see what I mean by the white glow effect here)

AJ7Aih.jpg

BTW, have you got your JB update yet fluttershy?

Caporegime
Network locked? Which network?

Shouldn't be too long as iirc T-mobile USA released the update about 4-5 days ago and the S3 versions will be getting the update very soon too.

BTW, I have turned of location reporting (located in google maps settings) and my battery life seems to have improved by a decent bit, worse, better or the same as it was previously on ICS? Not sure yet, need to give it another week in order to tell.

Soldato
i can't say mine has started draining faster, but it seems like the measurement may be a bit more accurate? it'll start dropping a bit quicker from 100% down to 90 say, but normally i'd hit about 40% and it'll plummet from there, now it seems to drop slower at that point.

also, i've tried the energy saving thing but with just brightness reduction on, and it does make a bit of a difference when using automatic brightness. i did have it on with cpu speed control too, but found it laggy coming out of the lockscreen. definitely gave me a big boost though.

Caporegime
Can't say I have noticed the battery level/meter being much more accurate, have always found it to be very good (except when I hit 15%, it drops quicker, not sure what this is like as I haven't let the battery drop below 20% yet)

The battery usage chart is much much more accurate though, lists everything that uses the battery and pretty accurately too.

Will give the screen power saver a go as I use automatic brightness as well now.

Soldato
just disable the pointless ones like putting the phone completely to sleep (no 3g/wifi etc) and vibration disabling.

aye, i agree the new battery stats are pretty good - plants vs zombies absolutely rapes my phone atm (but then i do play it for a few hours each day :D)

Caporegime
just disable the pointless ones like putting the phone completely to sleep (no 3g/wifi etc) and vibration disabling.

aye, i agree the new battery stats are pretty good - plants vs zombies absolutely rapes my phone atm (but then i do play it for a few hours each day :D)

Yup have done just that! :)

Shame that I now have another notification icon in the bar constantly, power toggles and adblock being the other 2! :(

Contre Jour is raping my battery, although not too badly compared to other games, thanks to the blacks and SAMOLED screen! :D :p

http://i.imgur.com/2oJGv.jpg[/IMG[/QUOTE]

lol, love that cat! :D

Can't be too much longer! You network locked to o2 then?

Back
Top Bottom