*** The official HTC One S thread ***

Caporegime
First time I have past the 4 hour on screen time mark with just over 1 day of usage since the update and turning of location reporting, auto brightness, power saver completely of, standard usage, 20 minutes of activity via browser, lots of messaging, messing around with homescreens (again :o :p), transferring photos, 1080P videos wirelessy via estrongs, words feud games + contre jour and plenty of camera usage (only photos) and about 10 minutes of phone calls, installing and uninstalling apps, weather syncing every 2 hours, couple of youtube videos.

According to better battery stats, surface flinger and tpd were using a **** load of battery, nearly as much as the browser etc. :(

Quick snap of a sunset:

QZB3Dh.jpg

Caporegime
Nice choice dampcat! :)

Likewise, no way I would pay the same price as a 1s s4 handset for the S3 version.

The X+ is what the X should have been from the start, although it still should have had the S4 chipset instead of tegra 3! :p

- bigger battery (2040mAh VS 1800mAh, it says 2100mAh on spec sheets etc. but is actually 2040mAh according to the label on the battery)
- 64GB internal storage
- better front camera
- overclocked CPU by 200MHz iirc

EDIT:

@Mike

Pretty much the first 3 points above as well as:

- NFC
- IPS/SLCD2 720P 4.7" screen

EDIT - and the X+ uses a polycarbonate uni-body instead of the aluminium uni-body used on the S

Last edited:
Soldato
The X+ is what the X should have been from the start, although it still should have had the S4 chipset instead of tegra 3! :p

I've just finished reading that Clover Trail analysis article from Anandtech, Tegra 3 is quite rubbish :D
Never mind, CES and MWC are right round the corner! The M7 should be a vast improvement if your just looking at hardware.

Soldato
I can't seem to get my mobile data to connect in any way shape or form all of a sudden. I have good signal, and I'm somewhere that I know I can get data, but nothing!

Mobile Data shows as "Disconnected" in settings.

I've tried restarting.
I've tried cycling network modes.
I've tried toggling airplane mode on and off.
I've tried replacing the SIM card.

Everything works perfectly over Wifi.
SMS/calls work fine.

Any thoughts? It's a black S4 One S.

Soldato
I just tried my old USB otg cable but none of my devices can get enough power to work properly except the mouse. Do I need 100% charge or change something in the settings? (It all works fine out the box on the N7)

Caporegime
Mouse works fine and my USB drive works fine playing back music and 1080P trailers, haven't done anything in the settings. Think I had over 50% battery left when I tried it out.

Soldato
Do you get this notification too? I can see something like the 360 controller light coming on occasionally.

2Kaz9DOrkgbLHYLYS58LQZ

Caporegime
Yeah I think I have got that message before too and something else like "device not recognised" but whatever is connected will always work anyway regardless of that message :confused:

BTW app update for the stock people app.

Caporegime
Just put whatever you want on it and then plug the USB in and the stuff will show up in your stock music and gallery app and BS player.

Estrongs doesn't show the USB drive.

Soldato
Which launcher are you using these days Nexus? Still on Apex?

I've used Apex for a while, but then went back to Sense because I didn't use any of the extra features, but I've just installed Apex again because I need 5 rows of icons instead of the default 4.

Caporegime
Which launcher are you using these days Nexus? Still on Apex?

I've used Apex for a while, but then went back to Sense because I didn't use any of the extra features, but I've just installed Apex again because I need 5 rows of icons instead of the default 4.

Been using nova prime for a long time instead now.

Nova works much better for me on the whole, smoother (the micro stutter in apex especially when scrolling back in the app drawer is annoying [may have been fixed in recent updates though.....]) and certain things work better/implemented better like the stock JB icon pack (with apex, you have to install a theme pack from the market and even then some icons aren't applied properly where as with nova the JB is implemented and themes all the icons properly) and most importantly with apex when scrolling on the homescreens sometimes the widgets would get glitchy artefacts, again it may have been fixed with recent updates though. But I don't see any reason to move from nova for now...... as with the V2 update, the main things that I missed from apex have been included i.e. infinite scroll in app drawer and keep in memory.

Soldato
My One S has updated to 4.1.1 today, and its been rubbish ever since. ICS Browser+ has stopped loading completely, and every so often it'll randomly throw up an error about a process thats stopped working.

I suppose the next step will have to be a factory reset, but I really can't be bothered backing stuff up...

Caporegime
Install quick ics browser instead, better than ICS +, unfortunately the text reflow is messed up now :(

Although personally I would stick with the stock sense browser as it is the best browser for android overall, the tweaks they have done with sense V4+ are fantastic, especially for the quick controls, speed and smoothness is the best too, only beaten by dolphin with the jetpack addon and only by a small margin from my usage.

Back
Top Bottom