*** The official HTC One S thread ***

Rainforest site ;)

This is the one that I got:

"HTC SP P780 One S Screen Protector"

However, there is a lot more choice since I got that one and the "Gadget Giant HTC One S LCD Screen Protector - 3 Pack" seems to be pretty good going by the useful (:p) reviews.

I might actually order that "gadget giant pack" and give them a try to see how it compares........

My only complaint with the one I have is that fingerprints/greasy marks etc. are shown more easily than the "naked" screen, to be expected in some ways though as it is plastic and the screen is glass.

Still no reply for my tpd process thread on XDA...........

Skillmister, sarge etc. if you don't use twitter can you install better battery stats and go to the process section to see if "tpd" is showing for you guys as well please?

Ok then Nexus18,

I've taken your advice and bought one of these, getting it delivered on thursday.

I'll do all the updates first. Is there a new official rom from HTC?

Nice, you shouldn't be disappointed :)

What made you go with the S over the XS in the end then?

Yup, only the 1 update so far, which improves wifi a bit and supposedly signal strength amongst other things, no proper changelog unfortunately :(

This is the version that I and most others here are currently on:

BHTce.png

Just need to go to settings, about and software updates, iirc the update is about 59MB, make sure you have at least 60% battery left and that the charger isn't connected when updating.

Remember to do a factory reset after you install the update as well.

Rightyo Nexus, I've had a quick look into that tpd stat and you've (probably) got nothing to worry about :)

It looks like tdp is just a system process betterbatterystats hasn't recognised, like surfaceflinger but added by HTC or just a new ICS process. (the PID is 0?)
If you look under Settings>Power>Battery use>Android System>included packages it can be one of those.

All the twitter related stuff will start off as something like com.htc.engine.twitter or com.twitter.Android in betterbatterystats. TDP is also a 3rd party twitter app last updated in 2010, that's probably where the twitter link came from? :D
If your still worried email the betterbatterystats devs and ask what tpd/0 might be.

Rightyo Nexus, I've had a quick look into that tpd stat and you've (probably) got nothing to worry about :)

It looks like tdp is just a system process betterbatterystats hasn't recognised, like surfaceflinger but added by HTC or just a new ICS process. (the PID is 0?)
If you look under Settings>Power>Battery use>Android System>included packages it can be one of those.

All the twitter related stuff will start off as something like com.htc.engine.twitter or com.twitter.Android in betterbatterystats. TDP is also a 3rd party twitter app last updated in 2010, that's probably where the twitter link came from? :D
If your still worried email the betterbatterystats devs and ask what tpd/0 might be.

Thanks very much sarge! Much appreciate it :)

This is what comes up as well as system UI being one of them:

ZgkWD.png

Never even launched half of that stuff, really need to root and get titanium backup installed and freeze that **** :p

haha, true enough, so it appears that twitter isn't "tpd" after all :D

Probably will send them an email just to see what exactly it is, as you can see, it consumes a fair bit of my battery life.

Thanks again :)

Signal is poor on this phone for sure even with the update, at work I can only get G at best then the phone goes crazy when its looking from E/G for signal, pretty much the issue being talked about on the net.

On the X I was sat at 3g as a worst case scenario and pretty much the same for other devices I have tried there.

Signal is poor on this phone for sure even with the update, at work I can only get G at best then the phone goes crazy when its looking from E/G for signal, pretty much the issue being talked about on the net.

On the X I was sat at 3g as a worst case scenario and pretty much the same for other devices I have tried there.

Why aren't you getting it replaced then? I assume that's a fault, otherwise it's no wonder people aren't buying them!

After testing now i'm sure my mobile internet connection has gotten worse. Can only get G in my room with 600ms ping, ~40kbps down, ~30kbps up. Obviously i don't use it much at home but i'm sure the times i have it hasn't been this bad :confused: Gonna go for a bit of a walk and see what it's like outside

Pfft.
2012-07-03_22-02-31.png

Get with the latest! :p

Nah, it won't be the exact same numbers as it will vary for each network, as long as it is around 1.78 :p But of course higher = better! :p :D

@Jabbs

As robbo said if you're still experiencing that touch button issue get it replaced, none of the others here including me have it :p (so a total of 3 people :p :o)

Why aren't you getting it replaced then? I assume that's a fault, otherwise it's no wonder people aren't buying them!

Its not a fault though its all over the internet about issues with the screen going mad and the signal issues and wifi dropping out, in the toilet my wifi goes off all the time although it was fine on other devices.

People complaining to HTC and they are blaming third part apps for the screen going mad issue, although they are being told it does it on a reset device, think they are dragging there feet.

Last edited:
After testing now i'm sure my mobile internet connection has gotten worse. Can only get G in my room with 600ms ping, ~40kbps down, ~30kbps up. Obviously i don't use it much at home but i'm sure the times i have it hasn't been this bad :confused: Gonna go for a bit of a walk and see what it's like outside

Still fine for me, maybe a bit better than usual, which is surprising as it is very cloudy here and raining:

bBouC.png

Also anyone know why there is white blur on the wee graphs for showing the connection line? :confused:

Its not a fault though its all over the internet about issues with the screen going mad and the signal issues and wifi dropping out, in the toilet my wifi goes off all the time although it was fine on other devices.

People complaining to HTC and they are blaming third part apps for the screen going mad issue, although they are being told it does it on a reset device, think they are dragging there feet.

Yeah there are posts all over the internet about issues (the majority is the MAO failure and signal issue followed by that touch button issue, but no where as many experiencing those problems thankfully), myself and the others here haven't experienced that touch button issue at all and I am on G an awful lot of the time. Honestly have never had that problem *touch wood* :p

Regarding Wifi, only problem I seem to be having in the last week is the wifi cutting out after midnight for a hour or 2, never during the day :confused:

And I don't think sarge or skillmister have had problems with wifi?

The signal on my mobile could be better and a lot of other peoples mobiles, but I haven't had these problems with the H constantly switching to G etc. and signal cutting out etc.

Apparently it is a fault... (see Nexus' post)

There are people that are on the third phone and still getting the same issues, its a problem when the phone signal drops to E and 2G, funny thing its fine with the Orange sim in I have hence why I know its not the phone, but on a Pay as You go O2 sim and my contract it does it everytime, they seem to be pointing on the net its the frequency used and signal strength.

The wifi is a personal observation it just isn't as good signal as the X, links below to the screen problem.

http://www.phonearena.com/news/HTC-One-S-touch-button-bug-makes-the-phone-go-crazy-video_id31606

http://www.geeky-gadgets.com/htc-one-s-touch-button-bug-makes-phone-go-crazy-26-06-2012/

Well i get H actually inside and out. Not sure what was going on before it's solid on H now :o I saw 3G for about 2 seconds and then couldn't get it again :( I'm on the edge of a good outdoors/good indoors+outdoors line but still, should be able to get it outside but can't!
You wouldn't get the issue then as mine never does it when its on 3G or H, so its pretty good at home it tends to do it more downstairs where the signal drops a bit and at work its not usable.

If I take the sim card out the phone never does it so its defiantly not a issue with the phone.

Last edited:
Well i get H actually inside and out. Not sure what was going on before it's solid on H now :o I saw 3G for about 2 seconds and then couldn't get it again :( I'm on the edge of a good outdoors/good indoors+outdoors line but still, should be able to get it outside but can't!

100ms ping, 1400kbps up/down on H

Regarding wifi mine alternates between 0/1/2 bars in my room, never cuts out though. I do live in the (converted) garage and the router is on the opposite corner of the house so hardly surprising. It's fine elsewhere.

A picture from outside because why the hell not :p Pitch black with flash on auto.

Resized with auto levels and slight sharpen in PS:
IMAG0224%20copy.jpg

Fullsize:
IMAG0224.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom