*** The official HTC One S thread ***

Nice :)

If you goto settings>apps>all "tab">click on the app you don't want/need>top right, click "disable"

You can't disable some things though e.g. sense stock browser, launcher etc. but everything else like twitter, facebook, google weather, sense widgets etc. you can.

What do you think of the camera and sense in general?

Nice :)

If you goto settings>apps>all "tab">click on the app you don't want/need>top right, click "disable"

You can't disable some things though e.g. sense stock browser, launcher etc. but everything else like twitter, facebook, google weather, sense widgets etc. you can.

What do you think of the camera and sense in general?

Battery life seems spectacular so far, screen feels overly bright as im used to dim lcds but i like it.

The screen does tint when viewed at angles i guess.

Well, stock must have come early to P4U........

2 x Z520e 1.5gh HTC ONE S`s have just arrived :D:D:D

Just for info these have no beveled USB port. They are now on charge.

Was not expecting these, so I am in the middle of changing radiators and decorating. Once I have a play, I am sure I will have lots of questions for you owners :)

How do i find out what is requesting permissions? Clicking the notification just clears it. Happens every now and then always overnight.

2012-07-07_14-31-51.png

For people that ordered the carphone warehouse deal at £16 per month a few weeks ago, has anyone had cashback confirmed yet?

Topcashback showed mine last week but today it's gone.

I don't mean to brag or anything but...

2012-07-07_17-44-46%20copy.png
2012-07-07_17-44-57%20copy.png
2012-07-07_17-44-50%20copy.png

:cool::cool:
Brightness ~25%, 40mins MX player, 20 mins browsing, some games, fiddling with widgets, 10-15 pictures, some video recordings and a few hours ebook reader (i think this is the key, uses noticeably less than browsing/video i think) :D

7 hours is within reach.

How do i find out what is requesting permissions? Clicking the notification just clears it. Happens every now and then always overnight.

2012-07-07_14-31-51.png

Hmmm, not too sure, have never had that before. Some apps like the ICS browser and chrome to phone etc. ask for certain permissions when you first launch them after they are installed.

Would look through your apps to see what one it most likely is.

Well, stock must have come early to P4U........

2 x Z520e 1.5gh HTC ONE S`s have just arrived :D:D:D

Just for info these have no beveled USB port. They are now on charge.

Was not expecting these, so I am in the middle of changing radiators and decorating. Once I have a play, I am sure I will have lots of questions for you owners :)

Nice :cool:

Shame you didn't get the new design, hopefully you won't encounter the chipping issue anyway. Must still be an awful lot of the old designs floating around, haven't seen many people getting the new one :(

I don't mean to brag or anything but...

2012-07-07_17-44-46%20copy.png
2012-07-07_17-44-57%20copy.png
2012-07-07_17-44-50%20copy.png

:cool::cool:
Brightness ~25%, 40mins MX player, 20 mins browsing, some games, fiddling with widgets, 10-15 pictures, some video recordings and a few hours ebook reader (i think this is the key, uses noticeably less than browsing/video i think) :D

7 hours is within reach.

Nice! :cool:

I still need to hit 6 hours on screen time.

Did ebook/reader have a black background with white text?

No diztronic case today, so hopefully get it on Monday, didn't order it till quite late on Monday night (around 11PM).

Last edited:
Well first impressions...

WOW. How **** was my HTC Legend :D

Loving the phone so far. The change from Voda to Orange has had the desired effect, as I can now make calls from my front room. :) Wifi signal is twice as strong as it was on the Legend and it still works at the other end of the garden.

The whole android experience is completely different on this phone. I know the hardware is good, but ICS seems a big improvement too.

First impressions of the camera are positive. Its quick, responsive and takes a decent picture.

Now my eyes maybe painted on, but I cant seem to find an app on the phone to watch my imported videos. Do I need to download one?

There is no dedicated video player app, you just have to launch the video via the gallery.

Or you can use a 3rd party player i.e. BS player lite or MX player etc. from the market :)

Nexus and Robbo...

Bit the bullet and bought an unlocked new One X on Friday :D Nexus, I'll need another 20 phones and I'll have as many as Robbo :eek: First impressions are good. Signal is a lot better giving 3 bars in the house and apart from close proximity to buildings in the yard gives full five bars (approx -80dBm). Of course being HTC there is a prob and of course I only find it on XDA after I'd bought the damned thing. It drops signal occasionally. Often the period is short though if inside on wifi it'll happily sit like that for some time then reconnect when it feels like it. Switching airplane mode on and off can reconnect though it in itself can freeze or be slow to respond during such episodes - airplane mode works fine normally switching on and off pretty briskly.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1738067

Really couldn't make my mind up between the One X and the Samsung GS3 in the shop. Came down to feel in my hand and familiarity of Sense which I prefer to Samsung Touchwizz. I maybe made the wrong choice but am happy so far with the X. It feels no faster than the One S. Screen isn't as contrasty as the S though X does look better and I like the extra space now I've got one. One X can get warm but finding battery not that far behind my One S though in recent weeks something was sapping my One S battery faster than it did. If this was something to do with Trickdroid or more likely the signal issues I had I dunno?

Only thing I may have done wrong is I bought a screen protector for the X. CP Warehouse had either the HTC ones or for same price the Zagg Invisible Shield. I went for the latter and although it applied well wet and has stuck down very well it is more tacky when swiping than I'm used to and does seem to affect screen quality when viewed, more so when screen brightness is turned down. Seems to make colours a little more washed out and give a grainy look? Not keen to go without one as I've found the glass will scratch but not sure I can live with the guaranteed for life Zagg one? I read this one is better http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1653057

CP Warehouse were offering me £200 for the old Samsung GS2 but the sales guy scanned it behind battery then went off to see his manager with it. I thought for sure I'd bought a nicked on off Ebay :mad: but it was the battery that was causing concern. I had seen the paper wrapper on the battery looked like it had been damp at some point but rest of phone was clean as a whistle. They said they could not buy it because they fear the phone may have been water damaged. I offered to change the battery and although he agreed there would be no prob they still could not take it now. Anyway, 10 quid for a new Samsung battery in local market store and problem solved :D I'm awaiting an envelope from an online recycler who has offered £216. A search at Sellmymobile dot com found me best price from a trustworthy outfit. Time will tell but should be OK?

Hung on to One S for the minute and decide what to do sometime. I thought I'd best wait and see if I was happy with One X? So far so good. I've unlocked and rooted (Nexus - stop being a girl and get your One S done :D ) Not loaded a custom rom but have disabled the 3 dot menu and reassigned menu to recent apps and long press home button for recent apps which I was used to one One S and was constantly tripping me up one One X.

Still to unlock the iPhone and forgot to pick up a T-Mob payg sim to try in the One S. Anyway, best head over to the One X thread and find which screen protector to look for - wet would be best as they seem to stick better around the edges and want some sort of skin case. Want something slim as although the Otterbox Commuter was good for protection it did bulk up the phone considerably, too much in fact.

Last edited:
Nice, glad the reception is sorted out in some ways now :)

Lol, you will need a lot more than 20!!! :p :D

Yeah, that problem has been discussed in the X thread here in the last few pages, Oliver has posted a pretty good explanation of it, sounds like it is just a software problem as well.

There isn't really any wrong choice :) Just comes down to personal preference between the 2 as you said the design/looks and software are 2 very big factors and IMO that is were HTC one phones win. The main advantages that you would have got if you went with the GS 3 is better battery life, more storage and better audio.

Yup, the signal problems that you are having with the S wouldn't do any favours for the battery life at all :(

Zagg screen protectors are awful! Awful feel to them, best to just get the standard HTC ones or some other from ebay for a couple of pounds or the ones you linked there.

BTW, I don't think we can link/mention the rainforest site :p

Soon............ :p Still waiting for this next update first and then I'll see, that is if it comes at all...............

The TPU gel cases would be the best for that then as they cover all edges whilst adding very little bulk or if you don't mind the top and bottom being exposed then the rock quicksand case. Also you don't have to worry about the chipping issue any more now :D

I've changed the link from the rainforest site to xda to keep within rules ;)

Battery on the GS3 is better I'm led to believe but I charge every night generally, so don't anticipate any problems.

Haven't read the last few days posts there so will make a point too. Restoring my call log currently, or at least for about the 10th time. I've used all sorts and either just get a list of numbers and date etc or when I do get names to the numbers there are old calls from 2 years ago or more appearing on the list. Worse they all mixed in? Can't fathom that one but not a big issue. Totally weird though?

Yer, the Zagg screen protector is not long for this world on my phone. Nt got anything else. Have read that the Martin Fields and the HTC ones lift on the edges due to the slight curve on the edge of the glass? Not sure if it's true but the One X glass does roll to the edge? I know the glass will scratch with fine grit so want some to protect it but don't want something that is worse than the scratches ... which the zagg is. I'll have a look at the skins you mention.

Back
Top Bottom