*** The official HTC One S thread ***

Right. So assuming in primarily using WiFi at work and at home, should I turn data off? Does it do anythin when you're connected to WiFi?

Also what do people have for their 'keep WiFi on during sleep' option? Is that for when your screen is off it'll turn WiFi off? I have it set to 'never', so it should turn it off when my phone is asleep. But what does asleep mean? Screen off? :confused: Maybe if I'm checking my phone a lot it'd be better for it to be consistently on?

I keep the mobile data connection on even with wifi on just in case the wifi cuts off and I am not aware of it, need it to keep the emails coming through and to keep the weather refreshing :p :o

However, I keep it set to GSM only mode:

ONMz2.png
That is just an E/G connection and then when I need a fast connection I switch it to WCDMA only, which is H/3G connection.

My wifi is set to never sleep as well as you said if you keep going on every 15 or 30 minutes to check something out then you are better of just leaving it constantly on as more power is required to turn on/of etc.

Only have it set to turn of if you only check your phone to browser for something every like 1 hour or 2.

Also turn of the notification for new networks available.

Cool. Maybe I'll have to change my mobile data on/off to a 2g/3g toggle on my widgetsoid toggle!

Edit: The option is there on widgetsoid but if I hit it, it just opens that^ menu. Darn. Must be a way to bodge that!

Last edited:
Edit: The option is there on widgetsoid but if I hit it, it just opens that^ menu. Darn. Must be a way to bodge that!

I don't think that works for any power switch toggle..... Iirc you need to be rooted.

Actually I think notification toggle might have had it implemented to work that way but only works for some phones, last time I tried it, it didn't work.

Nexus mate - Did htc release the update that was meant to do something positive with signal?

Still not officially released yet. The at&t X got it officially though and the news sites are reporting that it shouldn't be too long till the x and s get it. So maybe another week or 2 at max?

You'll love my next sentence - take a seat now.....

Perhaps I'll order one this week in the vain hope that it fixes it ;) I shall do so over the net this time! At least DSR will cover me?

:eek:

So far from all the reports in the S sub forum at XDA it does appear that the update has worked wonders for the majority of people, however, there are of course people who say it doesn't make a difference for them but this update does sound very promising overall so far........

Up to you what you do :p But if your area is crap for coverage, I can't see it improving vastly, might stop complete signal cut outs etc. but won't give you 4 bars of reception if you are only currently getting 1 bar with the GS 3.

You still got the GS 3?

And yeah I imagine that you would be able to return it easily enough if bought on-line (that is if it is just bought outright and not paired with a contract?)

Nexus matey ;) Don't ask me questions involving what phone I have and your hair colour will remain naturally as it is now!

The phone will be purchased on o2 pay as you go. According to their website you just have to keep the simcard and credit that you've paid for. The rest is refundable.

I saw a one X that a customer had at work tonight and I've got to fess up, it looked quite nice.. if a little big! Perhaps I just fell in love at the sight of sense ;)

I don't think that works for any power switch toggle..... Iirc you need to be rooted.
I wonder
f there some way of using APN renaming to do it? Hmn this is ny mission to find out now. My phone is perfectly setup besides that. Can't be dealing with going into menus etc :P

Hey guys my contract is up on my phone (Desire HD) and I am looking to upgrade (as everyone is)

I currently pay £34PM (18 month) for 800 mins, unlim text and unlimited browsing data and 3GB download data (with T-mobile). I dont use anywhere close to those mins so can always cut them in half if need be.

Is there a better contract deal out there? Tmobile are looking to sell me a handset and keep the plan for £90 - £180 (for one s/one x) but I didn't really want to buy a handset as I have always had a free upgrade.

any help would be appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom