***The Official HTC One Thread***

Yes they do.

they have poor IQ, slow AF and a **** poor tiny sensor that is only useful outside at day time.

Yes, they aren't as good as 'proper' cameras but they aren't rubbish. They're capable of producing some excellent shots.

Most people don't have a 'proper' camera with them at all times, which is why having a good one on a phone is useful.

Google to fix what? Its up to the developers who made the android apps to fix it, not google.

They work fine on the Galaxy phones... doesn't matter who is at fault. That's the current situation, it's a huge black mark on the HTC One.

Google introduced a "standard" design for ICS and above and its up to devs to implement that standard.

Google are the ones who have apparently forced HTC to remove the option to remap the back button to the menu button... so they're a large part of the problem.

It's entirely Google's fault:

1. They deprecated the menu button
  2. They continue to let manufacturers release devices with a menu button
  3. They let developers release software to Google Play that do not adhere to the new behaviour

However considering the above I don't know why HTC didn't just continue to put a menu button on until Google forced everyone to remove it and handle the new behaviour.

Phones from the last year or two have damn good cameras, the only areas they really suck in is low light/dark conditions, however, with the htc one, lumia 920 they are much better in those sort of conditions now.

This thread speaks for itself:

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18467077&highlight=username_Nexus18

I am sure if HTC knew that google were going to force them to remove that tweak (I think this does seem to be pretty true as they did have the tweak but removed it in newer versions, just doesn't make sense why they would do that....), HTC wouldn't have gone with that current button config as they know from the S/X that it ****ed people of big time.

As dasyad pointed out, google are the root of the problem. They need to be strict about it just like they need to be more strict about OEM's and android updates in regards to time it takes and which devices get updates.

The app developers are just lazy, should have updated their apps long ago with the new UI, only in the recent months are apps now taking on the new guideline UI i.e. estrongs file explorer, whatsapp etc.

Last edited:
Question... How do I join contacts from hismail and facebook? It had a number of recommended contact merges which were correct but didn't pick up all merges, how do I merge those it didn't pick up?

If you aren't impressed/wow'd with the one, I don't think you will be impressed with the GS 4 either :p

The one X is a fantastic handset with jellybean and sense V4+ running on it.

Yea, I don't think so either, but I think it might be a nice change with a bigger screen.

I have rooted and viper on my one x so it's a step down from the root and lots of custom stuff too.

tbh I don't know what I was expecting!

Yes, they aren't as good as 'proper' cameras but they aren't rubbish. They're capable of producing some excellent shots.

Most people don't have a 'proper' camera with them at all times, which is why having a good one on a phone is useful.
Only during the day. Even indoors on a decent lite area they are not good imo.

DSLR's are decreasing in size nowadays. Canon just released a new DSLR called EOS 100D which is tiny

http://www.ephotozine.com/article/canon-eos-100d-hands-on-preview-21608

Easy to carry around with a nifty fifty or a pancake lens. i rather get devices specific to a purpose like a dslr for camera, a psp for portable gaming, a tablet for watching stuff on the go and a PC to actually type and reply to this post. Yes all of the above can be done on a phone but done poorly IMO.

They work fine on the Galaxy phones... doesn't matter who is at fault. That's the current situation, it's a huge black mark on the HTC One.

It works fine on galaxy because they have the menu key.

Google are the ones who have apparently forced HTC to remove the option to remap the back button to the menu button... so they're a large part of the problem.

Well that is interesting if true?? Link?

Last edited by a moderator:
Whats wrong with your hands? u too weak to carry a item that weighs 370g?:rolleyes::rolleyes:

tumblr_md95uagwKT1qck737.gif

Only during the day. Even indoors on a decent lite area they are not good imo.

DSLR's are decreasing in size nowadays. Canon just released a new DSLR called EOS 100D which is tiny

http://www.ephotozine.com/article/canon-eos-100d-hands-on-preview-21608

Easy to carry around with a nifty fifty or a pancake lens. i rather get devices specific to a purpose like a dslr for camera, a psp for portable gaming, a tablet for watching stuff on the go and a PC to actually type and reply to this post. Yes all of the above can be done on a phone but done poorly IMO.

Is this a joke...? :confused:

Well that is interesting if true?? Link?

Nexus18 can provide one, he's mentioned it a few times I believe.

Yea it is a joke browsing websites and writing emails/posts on a tiny 5inch screen. It is a joke using a phone camera indoors. It is also a joke playing hardcore games on it too.

Oh dear.

So wait a minute - everytime you go out you take a DSLR camera, PSP, a tablet, a PC (I presume you mean laptop) and a phone with you?

Do you have a really big man bag?

Last edited by a moderator:
Why have a smartphone if you're not going to use any of its features? May as well get a Nokia 100 because it will do calls and texts perfectly fine plus you'll get the added benefit of outrageous battery life.

Oh dear.

So wait a minute - everytime you go out you take a DSLR camera, PSP, a tablet, a PC (I presume you mean laptop) and a phone with you?

Do you have a really big man bag?

Yes most places i take my DSLR, psp no and laptop or tablet no because when i go out i dont go out and read this forum 24/7 like some others do(each to their own) and browse the net and read such threads here when i am at home.

Games? i dont play much nowadays and certainly dont play games while i am out. If i do i use my ps vita which is tiny and easy to carry around.

Wow...

Hah, yeah, he must do. So much more convenient than something you can slip in a small pocket. :o

You go have fun taking rubbish images on your awsome s4/One/iphone device and i will use a proper DLSR to capture stuff.

Why have a smartphone if you're not going to use any of its features? May as well get a Nokia 100 because it will do calls and texts perfectly fine plus you'll get the added benefit of outrageous battery life.

I use mine for phone/SMS, MP3 Music and receiving emails. i don't reply to them and i certainly don't read peoples essays in forums.

A sentence or two i can read fine but essays i do not.

I don't use the camera on my one x or any phone because they are crap. simple as that. The keyboards on all mobile devices are also crap compared to a proper full desktop pc keyboard, hence i hardly reply or type stuff on it.

I am certainly not using a tiny 5 inch screen to read and reply to your post LOL

Back
Top Bottom