***The Official HTC One Thread***

BTW, a tip regarding taking photos in night/low light conditions, if the object you are shooting isn't moving use "night" mode as this has a longer shutter speed, which means less noisy images, you need a steady enough hand though otherwise you will pick up blur, however, if the object you are capturing is moving then keep auto as it has a shorter shutter speed so there should be no/very little motion blur and you don't need as steady of a hand with that mode either.

e.g.

night mode:

http://dl.xda-developers.com/attach...71c67205d721/5162cf89/1/8/6/3/3/5/5/NIGHT.jpg

non night mode:

http://dl.xda-developers.com/attach...06590fd9/5162cf89/1/8/6/3/3/5/6/NOT_NIGHT.jpg

Supposedly the one X was pretty much just black for that scenario (and it is regarded as being the best in low light conditions out of the android handsets from last year)

Last edited:
Nexus18 not sure what screens of better battery stats (1.12.RC5) you want but how is this?

Screenshot_2013-04-07-01-45-55_zps6d8b4c7a.png

You should have the screen on time shown on the main/home screen of BBS i.e.

Is this what you looking for?
Screenshot_2013-04-07-02-09-41_zps9b8abd23.png

Things are looking bleak now - only 6% left (after 2 days, 3 hours, 30 mins)

How many email accounts do you have synced and the frequency of emails you receive?

reason i ask is i have multiple email accounts and one of them receives emails very frequently due to forum notifications.

I have my hotmail (main email account) forwarding to my gmail account - effectively I'm getting push gmail which syncs my hotmail every (60 mins I think)

The camera on the One IS great... It's like you don't even realise how bad most phone cameras are... Even indoors in the day my one x comes out pretty bad but the One looks much, much better.

Really impressed as these are always the kind of shots that come out worst, I think a little lack of detail is well worth the extra light and less noise.

Definitely going to keep it now and not get an S4, the camera and the speakers are the main reasons and of course the phone looks better.

I can post some comparison shots between the one and onex if anyone is interested.

Also... Any news on HTC plans to get rid of the 3 dots? It may not be a bother for some but it is a really big annoyance to me.

I've gone through all the settings in 'Better battery stats' but can't see an 'unplugged' option? - 4% battery left :(

Hmmm strange :confused:

It should be shown as an option when you click on "screen off" then a drop down list with other options to choose from appears.

The camera on the One IS great... It's like you don't even realise how bad most phone cameras are... Even indoors in the day my one x comes out pretty bad but the One looks much, much better.

Really impressed as these are always the kind of shots that come out worst, I think a little lack of detail is well worth the extra light and less noise.

Definitely going to keep it now and not get an S4, the camera and the speakers are the main reasons and of course the phone looks better.

I can post some comparison shots between the one and onex if anyone is interested.

Also... Any news on HTC plans to get rid of the 3 dots? It may not be a bother for some but it is a really big annoyance to me.

Yup, this is what I am seeing a lot of on various forums now, the more and more people who actually get the "one" and have a proper play with the camera are actually ending up to much prefer it to their previous handsets cameras "overall" i.e. 4s, one X/S, gs 3, note ii etc. despite having been underwhelmed by the poor comments/photos from the review sites.

There have been excellent shots in the photo thread on the xda, the one seems to do really good in macro shots e.g.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=39995746&postcount=854

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=39840443#post39840443

And the thing is, the camera will improve more and more with software updates.

Would love to see some comparison shots! :)

And afaik, unfortunately no :(

Last edited:
After lots of research and debate my wife has decided on the HTC One in black. The final decision was between this and the Xperia Z...

This forum and thread was easily the most useful source of information, so thanks for all the useful information people :cool:

Anyway, she is after a case and I wondered if anyone had any suggestions for a nice flexible purple number? I tried to pursuade her to lock at a pouch / sock but we have three children to juggle and she wanted to be able to use it with just one hand!

EDIT:

A couple of contenders...

Ionic SLIM FLEX Case for 2013 New HTC ONE (Purple)

51a2S6Cw6vL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

FlexiShield Wave Case for HTC One - Smoke Purple

flexishield-wave-case-for-htc-one-smoke-purple-p38424-300.jpg

Last edited:
My One vibrated off the chair today, fell about 2 feet onto a wooden floor. Unfortunately the screen has cracked - only the 3rd phone I've ever broken and the other two were proper drops while walking. I guess the weight of the One doesn't help.

http://imgur.com/a/e5VQa#B8RCapx

Damn man that sucks, sorry to hear it. :(

Sadly, the denser the phone, the more like a stone it will drop.

The rigid unibody, gapless design will also weigh against its' favour because it will increase the shock impact, whereas lighter phones made from plastics are far less rigid and have some flex.

The HTC One is not a phone you want to be having oopsies with, methinks.

My One vibrated off the chair today, fell about 2 feet onto a wooden floor. Unfortunately the screen has cracked - only the 3rd phone I've ever broken and the other two were proper drops while walking. I guess the weight of the One doesn't help.

http://imgur.com/a/e5VQa#B8RCapx

i've dropped my one x countless times and never cracked screen. does the ONE have gorilla glass?

I think there may be a bit of bad luck involved - but I guess we'll see if it happens to many other people. It was literally a drop you wouldn't even worry about normally and onto a flat smooth wooden floor. The phone still works fine apart from it's new decor. :)

I've had many other similar drops off my bed or chair arms with other phones and the One so I think it's probably just one of those things.

Last edited:
Yup it will come down to mainly luck regarding where abouts/how the phone lands i.e. the point of impact.

Does the glass extend right to the side edges/around the edges at all?

Although as richdog pointed out, this phone will be more fragile than other phones (like the gs 2, one X for example) due to the way it is made/designed.

Few people from xda have dropped theirs as well, one put a bad dent in the aluminium but the screen was fine iirc and some other guy said his kid dropped it but it came out fine.

EDIT:

and yes the one has gorilla glass 2, however, gorilla glass doesn't stop the screen from cracking, it is just more resistant to scratches (can still be scratched by the likes of sand, grit)

Last edited:
There have been excellent shots in the photo thread on the xda, the one seems to do really good in macro shots e.g.

It just feels like for every good picture there's a bad one. Overall the camera seems good enough, an improvement indoors, a downgrade outdoors.

It'd do for me but the 3 dot menu button remains a deal breaker. :(

Damn man that sucks, sorry to hear it. :(

Sadly, the denser the phone, the more like a stone it will drop.

The rigid unibody, gapless design will also weigh against its' favour because it will increase the shock impact, whereas lighter phones made from plastics are far less rigid and have some flex.

The HTC One is not a phone you want to be having oopsies with, methinks.

Quite right. There's also a large luck factor involved as usual though!

Back
Top Bottom