***The Official HTC One Thread***

Caporegime
Officially afaik, no.

However, I think the lot at XDa have re-enabled the tweak (it is actually still embedded in the stock ROM, just has been "hidden"), obviously need root etc. though.

Caporegime
Likewise :o :p, it really irritates me and is the main reason why I don't use many many apps which put an icon/notification in the tray or/and bar anymore i.e. power toggles (replaced with sense quick settings and a homescreen shortcut), ad block plus, rounder etc.

Man of Honour
One thing I did notice was the the icons on the lock screen and at the base of the main display seem to lack detail and appear a bit more 'cartoonish' if that makes sense than the equivilents on my older Sensation. Are they changeable?

Caporegime
afaik nope, also agree, they look more cartoonish but then the older icons did look rather dated.

Thankfully with nova etc. you can replace the icons with the stock android icons though. As for the lock screen, best you can do is install widgetlocker and have custom icons through it.

Soldato
i want one.. i can't help but feel bored of samsung for w/e reason and simply want a change and its either this or the Z that takes my liking this time, s4 is so bang on my "wish" spec but i just dont have any emotions towards the phone..

Z is soo nice to look at and feels great in hand! but one is aluminum and i never owned a HTC before..

i guess ill just have to hover over 2 buy buttons and click one with my eyes closed ;)

Soldato
i want one.. i can't help but feel bored of samsung for w/e reason and simply want a change and its either this or the Z that takes my liking this time, s4 is so bang on my "wish" spec but i just dont have any emotions towards the phone..

Z is soo nice to look at and feels great in hand! but one is aluminum and i never owned a HTC before..

i guess ill just have to hover over 2 buy buttons and click one with my eyes closed ;)

I feel exactly the same in regards to Samsung and I don't think the S4 is all that, specs maybe great but I'm just not feeling the phone.

Dude pull the trigger and buy the HO, the screen and pretty much everything else is better than the Z and what a way to stop being a HTC virgin with buying a HO. ;)

Soldato
I feel exactly the same in regards to Samsung and I don't think the S4 is all that, specs maybe great but I'm just not feeling the phone.

Dude pull the trigger and buy the HO, the screen and pretty much everything else is better than the Z and what a way to stop being a HTC virgin with buying a HO. ;)

i would, but the current issues need to be ironed out before i pull the trigger.. and i have a bad ITCH and z is just sitting there waiting for me.. and i do really like the Z ! :) its an older tech sadly.. or even ZL.. i can get one for 400 :eek:

Associate
Well take it from me, I just got my hands on a Samsung S4 today and i have to say I made definitely the right choice in getting the HTC. The Samsung has some nice tech and is nice to use but it honestly just does not compare to the HTC.

Samsungs obviously worried as well with reports coming out of them faking reviews etc for the ONE.

Seriously Grudas...after having my play of the S4 today go for the ONE. You wont be disappointed im sure.

Soldato
i would, but the current issues need to be ironed out before i pull the trigger.. and i have a bad ITCH and z is just sitting there waiting for me.. and i do really like the Z ! :) its an older tech sadly.. or even ZL.. i can get one for 400 :eek:

I hear you Mate, fingers crossed the new batch will have sorted out the manufacturing issues (that's what I'm banking on anyway.)

Shame you can't get rid of the itch.....it's contagious as I'm bugged by it as well! :eek:

If you're not bothered by the whole waterproof thing I'd say go for the ZL if you can afford £400. I'm gonna throw in a curve ball, why don't you get the N4? It's cheap and cheerful and certainly isn't no slouch when it comes to performance. Camera is ok, you can root the phone and flash Paranoid Android and a Kernel such as Franco making the battery life quite decent.

Caporegime
TW fox made a good point in another thread regarding the build/QC issues in comparison to other phones, which is actually pretty damn obvious really :p

Considering HTC do something new every time and do something a lot harder than what say Samsung do, it isn't any wonder why Samsung etc. generally don't have any problems/qc issues with their plastic chassis, they have used the same design, materials, manufacturing process etc. more or less since the GS 1, heck probably a lot longer!

Where as HTC do something new each time (this is good and bad at the same time imo) and this year it is no different, in fact it is, they are going with the main body having no gaps (CNC and plastic injected etc.) at all along with the antenna being built into the body so for them to only have one tiny issue (excluding the buttons not responding and whatever else since it isn't really anything to do with the chassis) i.e. the gap, it is pretty amazing that they don't have any other issues imo.

I would like to see how Samsung and co would fare doing something similar!

What he said:

At least they are issues - the only reason there won't be 'build issues' in the G4S is because Samsung never wasted time trying to build any sense of quality into it in the first place. It's pretty hard to have quality issues on a handset with zero perceived quality in the first place, in much the same way as you rarely get design defects on those plastic trays you get in packs of Mr Kipling pies.

Last edited:
Soldato
I agree. I'm glad I returned my One but if I could be guaranteed another with no manufacturing defects then I would go back in a flash.

+1 There's no other phone on the market that looks and feels so good. It's a breath of fresh air. My sentiments exactly and why I'm willing to give the HO a third go.

Thanks bud.

Lets hope I get a defect-free unit, if that's even possible :D

No worries, fingers and everything crossed Mate :)

Let's us know how you get on with the phone!

Back
Top Bottom