***The Official HTC One Thread***

Associate
I had no problem playing with a working HTC One in a Vodafone store. Had the standard sales rep asking me if I was okay, politely told them I was wanting to try out the One and they left me to it.

I'm not really surprised about Samsungs tactics, I'm more surprised it hasn't come out sooner :p. I wouldn't let this stop me from buying one of their devices because I would never not buy an alternate device just because I read about one person having an isolated problem with their device.

Soldato
Here's my battery usage from today so far.

powerconsumption_zpsab647437.png

Power saving is ON, Brightness at 70%. Standby usage is very good, but I find mine does drain the battery a bit. But then again, my last phone was an iPhone 4, hardly a powerhouse like the One. [I might just be being a bit hard on it. Good to me is my iPad mini lasting 13hours of screen time between charges.

Usage:
8:40-9:00 - internet, then a few games on Worms 2.

9:00-11:00 - some general usage, with a few checks from a pdf file, and the odd random camera shot.

11:20-11:50 - some more gaming, stickman golf 2, worms 2 again.

Rest of the time was an odd text, or check of the emails.

Soldato
HTC One incoming for my pops - yay!

T-Mobile

900mins
500txts
Unlimited Landline
750MB DL with unlimited internet browsing

£20.50/month
18month contract
£29 phone

:)

Caporegime
What battery app is that?

It is HTC's crappy stock battery app! :mad: :p

Everything about sense V5 is epic except that modified battery area and the stupid power saver notification in the notification tray, all the time!

Epic deal kona! I take it that you will get to have a nice hands on with it :D :cool: Look forward to hearing your thoughts :)

Last edited:
Soldato
^ upgrade deal?

That's under 400 all in!

Yes upgrade - it's a standard £41 contract that we get half price (Friends and Family)

Epic deal kona! I take it that you will get to have a nice hands on with it :D :cool: Look forward to hearing your thoughts :)

Yup - ordered it on behalf of my dad as he's not in the country till 5th may - he want's a new iphone but I'm talking him out of it (has an IP4 at the moment, OG desire before that)

Yes mate I will share my thoughts and comparisons when I get it in a few days :)

Caporegime
Yeah HTC should have kept the stock android way, it looked/worked so much better than the new way imo :( Not to mention removing screen on time was stupid...........

Bug was discovered on the one X that allows way more light to be collected and thus a heck of a lot better photos, not sure if it works with the htc one, but it would be interesting to see if it does, get even better results then :) Shame that they don't allow you to manually choose the shutter speed.

And another camera comparison:

http://unleashthephones.com/2013/04...a-lumia-920-vs-the-htc-one-camera-comparison/

The camera really is looking much better with the final production models and the newest/current software.

@Kona

Completely agree, the back part just looks a hundred times nicer than the back of the black model imo. Still not too sure about the front, in some ways I like the silver speaker grills and the way they stand out more but then I also like the way that they "flush" with the rest of the front for the black version.... I think the Silver version looks more premium overall. Shame that the HTC logo and stupid button arrangement partly ruin the design of the front (imo)

Last edited:
Associate
Irritates me when people bring up friends and family deals without stating it's that in the first place because it gets everyone excited that there's some sort of epic deal available somewhere, only to be inevitably crushed by "oh yeah it's friends and family" or "discount scheme via work" or "work pay xxx so I only need to pay yyy" or "it's a business line so I don't pay VAT" :p

Man of Honour
I would have had one of these now, but of course everywhere was out of stock... :(

Means they're selling them I guess!

Would have perhaps been a mistake though, can you remove the 3 dot menu yet?

Last edited:
Soldato
Congratulations kona you will not be disappointed or should I say that your Dad will not be disappointed :D

I would have had one of these now, but of course everywhere was out of stock... :(

Means they're selling them I guess!

Would have perhaps been a mistake though, can you remove the 3 dot menu yet?

Only way to get rid of the 3 dot menu is by rooting it and installing a custom ROM Dude.

I really want one of these phones too. Am waiting until Rainforest or anyone else get a new batch hopefully all the production issues will be ironed out.

It's a tremendous phone fingers crossed third time lucky for me!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom