***The Official HTC One Thread***

Yeah the DNA, butterfly etc. look a lot more ergonomic this time compared to the one X, S. Much like the GS 3, big in dimensions but feels small and comfortable in the hand :cool:

Likewise, no problems with 16GB :)

I think the image chip is really good Sarge, very quick shutter etc.

Does the DNA, butterfly use the image chip? As the 1080p footage looks really good on it, GS 3 good.

The built-in image processors on the S4 would've been better for us HOS owners, as proven by the all the other flagships using the chip :p (inc the US SGS3/920 etc) Although it gave older SoCs, used in the One V/X etc, a much needed boost for consistent performance.

RE the droid DNA: Maybe the higher bandwidth of S4 pro/2GB combo increased fps in medium/low light? Or they just disabled the imagesense chip/upgraded the unit?

Hmm, maybe there is a way we could disable the image chip and use the built in S4 one then :D Saying that, when you use 3rd party camera apps, the image chip doesn't work with them, only works with the sense camera thus would the built in S4 one be used then? The photos aren't as good (although one camera app produced better indoor lowish lit shots, less noise), not sure about the video recording part, may install this as it has quite a few options to mess around with and some HTC one owners say it is better for video.

Just had a quick google regarding the DNA and supposedly it still uses the dedicated image chip, so perhaps it is due to the better hardware as you said or been slightly upgraded. Would love to know as the light metering and smoothness is finally really good!

EDIT

Just tried that camera out, was maybe a bit smoother and perhaps slightly better light metering, everything else seemed the same as the sense camera. Not enough of a difference to worry about so uninstalled :p

Last edited:
So presumably what HTC will do here is release the perfect phone but with some dog muck smeared on it by the way of something annoying like a built in battery or no SD card slot.

No idea yet. Supposedly it will have a SD slot and chances are battery won't be removable (although, the battery life should be excellent).

Just have to wait and see.

I think the low end of the mobile market in the west has definitely reduced a lot in recent years. A lot of people have had a mobile of some kind and if they get another one, they are not wanting to get a non top of the range phone. years ago people would be satistifed with any phone from the market and that is how nokia made a lot of money selling so many different models. Then apple came out with 1 device every few years and that has modified the market. Samsung phones have continued on from where nokia left off in some ways and now has the lead in the lower end of market. If someone is buying a none top of the range phone it will most likely be a samsung. I like the mobile phone market because it is so competitive and there is currently Motorola, blackberry and htc that are making great phones and even the nokia as well. If i was going to buy a phone i wouldn't know which one to get. I am not a fan of samsung or apple. But out of the rest i am not sure. I think blackberry, although the os is a bit buggy and android is a well developed os.

Android till the day I die :p

Won't consider anything else until something comes along and offers the same level of customisability, apps and in general just how nice android is to use with all the features of connectivity etc.

As for brand, currently only consider Samsung and htc. Would consider sony if they were quick with updates and their software skin was better and would consider motorola if they actually cared about the UK and were good about updates too although the google/motorola X phone is looking excellent and since google is involved, updates shouldn't be a problem.

Yeah it doesn't look as nice, maybe it is just for the white model though and the black/grey will look much better?

The listing also confirms the specifications of HTC M7 to sport a 4.7" Full HD display, 1.7 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon quad-core processor along with 2GB RAM, 32 GB internal memory with microSD support, 4G, NFC, Android Jelly Bean and 2,300mAh battery Furthermore, HTC M7 will be using a 13-megapixel camera with stacked sensor and ultrapixels for the first time and it will be interesting to see how the camera performs. M7 is also confirmed to feature the latest HTC 5.0 sense and Double HP techno Beats Audio.

Bet that will make a lot of people happy!

Not much to complain about now except rooting and flashing their devices :p

Can't wait to see what the camera will be like :cool:

Edit:

The buttons look like they are on screen too?

Last edited:
HTC designs are always great in the flesh! ...hold on

Double HP techno Beats Audio?

Game over Samsung! :p

(edit: top + bottom speakers is actually good for a phone like this :o)

Last edited:
This phone looks like a real winner so far. That is what a lot of people complain about as well, the speaker being on the back. Looks like htc have finally learnt and listened to the community for once :p

Yeah it doesn't look as nice, maybe it is just for the white model though and the black/grey will look much better?

Bet that will make a lot of people happy!

Not much to complain about now except rooting and flashing their devices :p

Can't wait to see what the camera will be like :cool:

Edit:

The buttons look like they are on screen too?

Weather proofing though? Specs are excellent.

Probably not to the same level as the Z :p :( Most likely just be the same as the butterfly/DNA. Who knows they could have made it fully water proof etc. though :)

Back
Top Bottom