***The Official HTC One Thread***

Caporegime
HTC phones aren't really that great when it comes to HDR shots in "brightish" landscape conditions :( although I think that one is pretty decent.

However, it has supposedly improved by a decent amount with V1.29....

What have I been more or less saying for like the last year now??? :p

To Catch Up, HTC One Needs Galaxy Lessons

Although disagree with the first part!

Last edited:
Associate
I have been reading up a lot through this thread and wondering if I want to make the switch from iPhone 5 to HTC One...

My main concerns are, from previous experience...

Does email push fine, with wifi on?
Whatsapp work fine with wifi?
How did you find the difference in size from iPhone 5 to the HTC?
Colour preference?
Any issues to be aware off?

I did try the SG4 out and I did not like it... Did not enjoy the plastic feeling and TouchWiz UI.

I have previous experience with Android, so know from that point what I am letting myself in for.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Permabanned
1. Yes email push is just the same as iphone.
2. Not sure, but cant see why it wouldn't.
3. Upgraded from 4s, found it a lot larger but got used to it now.
4. Prefer black but got silver, both nice phones.
5. Random wifi issue were it wont connect, have to restart the phone to fix it.. CBA to send it to HTC atm, maybe a software update will fix it as it's not a hardware issue.

My main issue with android itself is the whole random update intervals between carriers.

Soldato
Fair do's the HTC repair process is a joke. Been with the repair centre for a week now and not even any updates. Been on the phone with them 3 times in the last 2 days and been told 3 different things.

Soldato
Just the default one whichever came with the phone...Sense?

Go to settings, language & keyboard, then turn off "post spelling check".

Does email push fine, with wifi on?
Whatsapp work fine with wifi?
How did you find the difference in size from iPhone 5 to the HTC?
Colour preference?
Any issues to be aware off?

Emails works fine.
Whatsapp works fine.
Didn't come from an iPhone, but compared to my brother/dad's 4S it's a big difference, but you get use to the size after a while.
I prefer black personally.
No issues on mine, just some personal bits with Sense 5 itself, but will be sorted with the Android 4.2.2/Sense 5.1 update anyway.

What kind of screen on time are you guys getting?

About a good 5-6 hours with browsing, it really depends on what you're viewing on the screen though ;).

Permabanned
On the ARHD ROM I am using there is an option to remove the 3 dot bar. What a nice difference that makes. It is setup that a quick hold on the back button brings up the corresponding settings menu. Think my One is perfect now!

Soldato
5-6hrs is awesome sounding - GSAM tends to suggest about 2hrs for me too.....but then, my HO manages way more usage in a day from a charge than my HOX - really only want a battery life that is sufficient for a 'normal' day, as I always put my phone on charge overnight anyway (that said, wouldn't complain if I could safely get to the next evening without a charge either :p)

Soldato
I've bit the bullet finally and ordered my One on EE. Should be here tomorrow though I'm at work. May have to bugger off home at some point and grab - nothing like configuring a new phone at work :)

Soldato
I relented and stopped by cpwh and bought one sim free managed to get an official hard shell flip case for free :) most i've ever spent on a handset but got to say the first impressions are its very nice :) could have got one for about £40 cheaper had I not had needed a phone quickly after selling my note 2 after 30mins :), its running 1.29.401 is that the latest?

Last edited:
Soldato
That's crazy. I get maybe 2 hours screen time (according to GSAM) and that's slightly better than my 4s.

Any tips for getting more out of it?

Don't use maximum screen brightness. I have mine just under half brightness, seriously there's no point having it on max all the time. I've also turned off a lot of the auto sync stuff that I don't need. Power saving mode seems to help a bit as well.

With gaming however, I get about 3-4 hours screen time.

Associate
The plot thickens...

Decided to give HTC a call today to see what work had been on my second repair for the Blurry camera issue, basically after more thorough testing the repair centre still cannot find a fault with the camera... here we go again,

At the time the phone was in the "packing" stage at the repair centre and was due to be sent back to me today, I explained to a new chap at the repair customer support desk who has been very understanding and helpful about my issue and after 40 minutes of being on the phone to him and sending to him directly 2 photo samples of the problem, going through various questions and explaining to him what tests I've done my end and also him testing out another HTC One his end to see if he can find an issue with the camera... he agrees that their is definitely a technical problem with the camera on the phone.

The end result? The phone is still going to be sent back to me as it has already been processed by the packers and he could not tell me for sure if it was still in the repair centre (bear in mind that HTC's customer support is not physically linked with the repair centre itself) or with the courier but he has written up a full report on my case and has opened up an investigation into my case which has now been sent off to his technical supervisors higher up to deal with who will either decide to whether physically replace the entire camera unit on the phone for sure, or to save time as I have already had to go through a lot of waiting & 2 repair bookings - replace the handset with a brand new one altogether.

I've been told to deal with this particular chap only as he has stated that he wants to get to the bottom of this just a much I do and his supervisors are liaising with him only, he said he will ring me sometime tomorrow as he would have heard back from them with some news so we will see.

Liam

Last edited:
Soldato
Getting serious screen lift on the left hand side. Looks like the bezel is coming away almost. It lives in a case, and has done since the day I got it, so I think that, combined with the gap at the top, is enough to send it away for repair.

Sucks but what can you do?

Soldato
I think i must have either been lucky or got a later one as there is no obvious gap at the top of mine, finding blinkfield taking a little while to get used to but having had a note ii for 5 months i think this is a better size overall, time will tell :)

Soldato
managed to get a best offer bid on auction price accepted just before and got me a brand new sealed HTC one.

are the camera issues wide spread or only happening to a small number?

Back
Top Bottom