***The Official HTC One Thread***

Associate
Just got mine back from HTC who claim to have rigorously tested it and can't find my fault. I open the front door, start filming across the street then move in to a close up object and it makes no attempt to focus...

Rigorous. Sure. I expect Samsung would do the same, but it kinda puts me off buying HTC. I explained in detail and offered a video, I doubt any of that is passed on.

Looks like you had the same report letter as I did.

Don't stop there, get back on the phone to them and complain, they should book it in for another repair.

I decided to track online the second repair of my One today and it's currently on a "Repair Completed" status, so it looks like I may get it back tomorrow or Thursday. We will see what happens with the outcome! Though at the same time I decided to go back and track the progress of the first repair from last week and see what the status of that says, and all it says "In Repair" before then skipping to the "Return Device" status.

Liam

Caporegime
The skin is pretty much basic but the 1080p screen makes those icons just come alive, am going to have a good read over at XDA before I make my mind up although It's so tempting that my fingers hovering over the buy button :eek:

The only thing that's stopping me is that the midnight black version's on backorder :(

I have a Nillkin case and screen protector waiting just in case ;)

Indeed, if it weren't for that screen panel, that skin would have looked nowhere as nice!

Just about to head over there too ;)

I bet you won't be able to resist! :D :p

Soldato
Indeed, if it weren't for that screen panel, that skin would have looked nowhere as nice!

Just about to head over there too ;)

I bet you won't be able to resist! :D :p

See you there Mate ;)

Also when I'm done I'll be heading over to the Oppo Forums

http://www.oppoforums.com/

Shame the panel's LCD though....Like you I love my AMOLED screen :)

Well it's a choice, either get this or pick up a compact camera that I've had my eye on for some time.

Will be interesting to hear your thoughts once you're done Dude :)

Soldato
The oppo looks good for sure but do you think it's re sale value would drop?

If your like me and change phones on a regular basis you may lose quite a bit of cash on the oppo (unless you sell to someone who's in the know)

Currently got a nexus 4 and the htc one intrigues me, very close to buying one lol

Caporegime
@stoosh

Just had a quick read and from what I can gather, epic device, however, is let down in a few areas by software and optimisation but oppo are pumping updates out so it seems like it might be best to wait and see if the software gets better, which I am sure will eventually....

Supposedly the camera is let down by quite a bit, frame drops, not being able to capture movement well etc. however, looking through the oppo camera thread, most photos look pretty good to me :confused: or better put, not as bad as what people are making out anyway.

All in all, excellent device especially at that price.

The oppo looks good for sure but do you think it's re sale value would drop?

If your like me and change phones on a regular basis you may lose quite a bit of cash on the oppo (unless you sell to someone who's in the know)

Currently got a nexus 4 and the htc one intrigues me, very close to buying one lol

Most likely, only phones that seem to hold their value are Samsung's flagship devices and iphones

Soldato
@stoosh

Just had a quick read and from what I can gather, epic device, however, is let down in a few areas by software and optimisation but oppo are pumping updates out so it seems like it might be best to wait and see if the software gets better, which I am sure will eventually....

Supposedly the camera is let down by quite a bit, frame drops, not being able to capture movement well etc. however, looking through the oppo camera thread, most photos look pretty good to me :confused: or better put, not as bad as what people are making out anyway.

All in all, excellent device especially at that price.

Most likely, only phones that seem to hold their value are Samsung's flagship devices and iphones

I get the impression that the owners of the Oppo Find 5 are currently beta testers hence why Oppo keep firing off the updates. I would be annoyed if my phone didn't work as it should out of the box, in fact that's why I got rid of the Galaxy Nexus as I can't remember which version of Android it was released with but it was extremely buggy and I couldn't live with it.

Apparently there's a bug where black spots appear on the camera as well as the bugs that you mentioned. However there's a thread on the Oppo Forum and the pictures look ok, not bad as some people have mentioned.

So true only Samsung devices and iphones hold their value, the HO has already dropped quite considerably in terms of price on these phone recycling websites.

I've opened an Oppo Thread, think we've hijacked the HO thread for long enough, it's time we move our discussion over there me thinks ;):p

Soldato
Begone with this Oppo nonsense you speak of ;)

Anyone got an update for Three yet? Still waiting here. Hopefully they skip straight to the next one, as long as they have it on time. Then again, they'll be more focused on their plastic fantastic they constantly push to care about anything else.

Soldato
This phone is all kinds of win!

But I have a niggle, why does texting underline words in red that are fine, like "Be" "like" etc?

They are spelt fine?? And its also annoying me how it always predicts the wrong word from the the choice of 3, my sensation was smarter :p

Soldato
Just got mine back from HTC who claim to have rigorously tested it and can't find my fault. I open the front door, start filming across the street then move in to a close up object and it makes no attempt to focus...

Rigorous. Sure. I expect Samsung would do the same, but it kinda puts me off buying HTC. I explained in detail and offered a video, I doubt any of that is passed on.

You might want to try making a complaint and get your case escalated. The guy from head office who I spoke to today is sending me a brand new handset. He even offered to send a different colour if I wanted it.

Last edited:
Soldato
Do you need proof of purchase for warranty work with the htc one ?

Buying used these days can work against you as the handsets on auction site don't usually come with a receipt.

Associate
Do you need proof of purchase for warranty work with the htc one ?

Buying used these days can work against you as the handsets on auction site don't usually come with a receipt.

With my recent experience with having to send my HTC One in for repair directly to HTC, they did not ask me for proof of purchase. All they asked me for was the phones IMEI.

Liam

Soldato
Since we haven't had photo's for a little bit...

IMAG0261_zpsa1744c8f.jpg

IMAG0335_zps42e0a503.jpg

& with HDR on...
IMAG0336_zps5083e89c.jpg

& since I havn't seen one like this:
IMAG0186_zpsf7fe5b8e.jpg

when viewed in full size, the text is very clear.
Not sure how to make them their full size, but the Apprentice is now on, and can't be bothered finding out how :p

Still on 1.28 :)

Soldato
Begone with this Oppo nonsense you speak of ;)

Anyone got an update for Three yet? Still waiting here. Hopefully they skip straight to the next one, as long as they have it on time. Then again, they'll be more focused on their plastic fantastic they constantly push to care about anything else.

Threes last best guess was mid June. 4.2.2 will be out around that time allegedly so we'll be an update behind.

Associate
This phone is all kinds of win!

But I have a niggle, why does texting underline words in red that are fine, like "Be" "like" etc?

They are spelt fine?? And its also annoying me how it always predicts the wrong word from the the choice of 3, my sensation was smarter :p

Are you using the Sense keyboard or SwiftKey?

Soldato
You might want to try making a complaint and get your case escalated. The guy from head office who I spoke to today is sending me a brand new handset. He even offered to send a different colour if I wanted it.

Thanks. Did you ring the usual 0845 890 0079 or go a different route to make a complaint?

Since we haven't had photo's for a little bit...

& with HDR on...
IMAG0336_zps5083e89c.jpg
Hmm, I don't know if I've seen an HDR photo from the one that I liked. :(

Back
Top Bottom