***The Official HTC One Thread***

Soldato
Really weird - annoying more than anything as I'd expect 'good' speeds pretty much in any major city in the UK these days but was in Worthing today and it was as bad!

I restarted the phone and it's back to 4Mbps and 1.5Mbps up/down respectively which is rubbish - it's never gone above that for me and yet the twitter T-Mobile people said there's no cap on my line "apparently" :/

I thought it was reasonably common that T-Mobile cap to 4 Mbps, though no idea about upload speeds?

Soldato
My HTC One luckily doesn't have any of the defects people talk about. I must have been lucky..

The thing I'm most impressed about with this phone is music playback. The supplied headphones are pretty impressive and are the best fitting in ear buds I've ever had.

Associate
When in a call or on speaker, it has a slight background hiss?!

Guessing this isn't normal... received it thursday.

HTC Quality control is atrocious.

Had my first HTC ONE and the hissing is embarrassing, how this made it out the factory is beyond baffling. A £500 phone that can't even get its main function right - making a call.

Isolated incident? No, I sent it back and received a second HTC ONE.

The hissing still present in second set (and no changing of beats/nfc or reboots makes one bit of difference)...it makes phone calls seem like the other person is on a 1940's walkie talkie :mad:

Will never buy an htc device or recommend them in my life...

Soldato
Just tested my tesco sim in my one and ket 2786kbps download and 2233kbps upload but tbh makes very little difference to me as I hardly use data as im connected to wifi all day at work and all night at home

30 secs later retried it and 3216 d/l and 1939 up that program is all over the place

Soldato
Theres an app called 'cameringo' that's free today using appgratis. It has an assist light for focusing which the stock app doesn't have. Rest of the features are pretty good too considering it's free.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just looked and had mine for over 2 months now and so far so good no issues at all, no loss of wifi etc, infact my sisters Iphone 5 seems worse when am round her house its always dropping wifi out in the garden where as this is locked on.

Soldato
Mine came back yesterday after being with them for ~3 weeks. No repair sheet with it, and it appears to have had the case changed as well as whatever needed replacing inside. Unless they sent a replacement, which I'd be miffed at cos it took them 3 weeks to simply replace it!

Soldato
[TW]Fox;24434040 said:
My HTC One is being odd today.

It has no signal, but I still have the 'H' icon for data. Bizarrely, despite having no signal it happily browses the internet without a problem, nice and fast. Wifi is disabled.

It also makes calls :confused:

I have this, mostly when its been on sleep in my pocket and then once it's being used (screen on) for about 20 seconds, it goes to 2-4 bars of signal.

Mine has the slight noise when the speakers are on playing music (only noticed at lowest), but wasn't present during a phone call.

Three:
Newcastle (about 1mile from centre) Down @ 2268kB/s. Up @ 331.6kB/s
Even in the more 'rural' areas (but not the middle of nowhere) is about 1400-1800kB/s down and 300kB/s up. Once i've been on steady download for about 5 minutes at home, up to 2.2MB/s can be held quite steadily. :)

Last edited:
Soldato
HTC Quality control is atrocious.

Had my first HTC ONE and the hissing is embarrassing, how this made it out the factory is beyond baffling. A £500 phone that can't even get its main function right - making a call.

Isolated incident? No, I sent it back and received a second HTC ONE.

The hissing still present in second set (and no changing of beats/nfc or reboots makes one bit of difference)...it makes phone calls seem like the other person is on a 1940's walkie talkie :mad:

Will never buy an htc device or recommend them in my life...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-22166606

Hmmmm.........

Associate
Can anyone help?
I have emailed myself a 61kb jpg file and click on the attachment in the Gmail app, it opens as a small square with a scrolling blue bar and does nothing but scroll, it never seems to download so I can't save it.

Have had this with other peoples emails to me as well. How do I fix this?
Data etc all working fine, can download from play store and browse web so must be something email specific, have tried searching google but found no solutions

Man of Honour
I have this, mostly when its been on sleep in my pocket and then once it's being used (screen on) for about 20 seconds, it goes to 2-4 bars of signal.

Turns out it's not my trust HTC One - but a network issue affecting EE in the South West.

48 hours of no service now..

Soldato
[TW]Fox;24443541 said:
Turns out it's not my trust HTC One - but a network issue affecting EE in the South West.

48 hours of no service now..

Had my signal back for about an hour today but it has gone again, have you found a network status page for EE?? I am having trouble finding one :/

Associate

Interesting, you think there might be a 'possibility' my experience of the htc one is made up, that I would waste time making up stuff...your lack of faith is disturbing, the fact is the 2 phones I've had sound like the other person is on a walkie talkie...not to mention the build quality is awful.

Just for you...

First phone delivered over a week ago:

zXZLvho.jpg

Second phone in my hand - (note also the terrible glass/speaker 'blending' at the bottom were the quality control inspector has laughed and ticked 'seamless' lol )

Very glad it's about to go back in the next hour :)

qKtIEve.jpg

Back
Top Bottom