***The Official HTC One Thread***

Soldato
Decided to flash the firmware from .11 and got the same radio I flashed before. Still no giffgaff 4G, I could try reflashing a Sense ROM and see if that gets it back, but the HTC guru site seems to be down...

On the other hand, that firmware update changed the bootloader back to white, the GPe's black looked so much better :p.

I'm actually considering going back to Sense though, I realise there are actually some bits of Sense I actually do like using over GPe...

What parts do you like from Sense? Apart from the obvious Zoe! :D

Reppyboyo i'd go for it! If it was me anyway.

Last edited:
Soldato
What parts do you like from Sense? Apart from the obvious Zoe! :D

I prefer HTC's recent app list since I can see more. There's also the contacts app which has better integration with social services unlike Google's one, and the dialer also goes straight to the numberpad as well while I need to tap an extra icon for that on GPe. The transparent status bar to be honest looks nicer on Sense due to the slight border at the bottom. I'm suprised with this myself, but I actually like Sense's lockscreen and it's music controls, mix that with Muzei + Muzei music extension and you have the background album art anyway.

Honestly I could go on but overall, HTC really has done good with with their Sense UI. And here was me thinking I was a hardcore stock Android fanboy... I flashed my older devices to that style and loved it. But Sense just wins me over :p.

Soldato
I prefer HTC's recent app list since I can see more. There's also the contacts app which has better integration with social services unlike Google's one, and the dialer also goes straight to the numberpad as well while I need to tap an extra icon for that on GPe. The transparent status bar to be honest looks nicer on Sense due to the slight border at the bottom. I'm suprised with this myself, but I actually like Sense's lockscreen and it's music controls, mix that with Muzei + Muzei music extension and you have the background album art anyway.

Honestly I could go on but overall, HTC really has done good with with their Sense UI. And here was me thinking I was a hardcore stock Android fanboy... I flashed my older devices to that style and loved it. But Sense just wins me over :p.

haha I see, Then nothing can really be added to GPe to make it better. Xposed would add some nice stuff but I'm not sure if you'd be willing to mess around with that. Pretty sure there is a module that would allow the dialpad to come up straight away if I remember correctly.

HTC have done a good job on the skin I agree, I'm still the same though stock android fanboy.

Soldato
Managed to use a system dump of the latest UK software to flash back to Sense, was quite annoying considering the usual RUU zip source was down.

Everything feels right again now, except it shows the Google screen before it shows the HTC One boot screen, pretty sure it was suppose to be a HTC screen :confused:.

Also, giffgaff 4G is working again, even though it's the exact same radio I flashed on GPe... yup... giffgaff 4G is in trial for a reason...

Soldato
Help! My HTC One just completely died!

Phone had been charging all day and was at 80%+ battery when i last looked at it (had been off charge a few hours at that point). About 20 mins later i tried to look at it again and it was completely dead. Won't turn on, and no charging led when plugged into wall charger or PC USB port. I've also tried all the usual holding of buttons etc trying to do a hard restart and still nothing! I've seen quite a few other reports of this on various forums, but they all seem to have happened after letting the phone run to 0% battery. Mine had loads left!

Anything else I can try???

Soldato
Bit hit & miss but you will get a replacement/repair seeing as its still in warranty.

Yep that's what I've had to do. Took the phone into both Carphone warehouse and Phones4U incase they had any ideas I hadn't already tried to get it working. Both said they would have just tried all the stuff that I already have and warranty claim will be the best option.

It's due to be collected tomorrow, hopefully HTC warranty department is decent...

In the mean time I am using one of these wonderful things:

CaVL1Ie.jpg

:eek::(

This has reminded me why 'txt spk' became so popular.

:mad:

Soldato
So I just noticed the Internet app doesn't sync to my Google account for some reason, and there's no option to enable sync under "Accounts & sync". Tried clearing the app data and even readding my Google account, but the option doesn't appear. Googling around it seems this is common with people factory resetting/turning back to stock starting with Android 4.4.2/Sense 5.5, so it looks like HTC is slowly removing the ability to sync to Chrome with their stock internet app. I guess they want people to use Chrome instead...

Soldato
Well my HTC One is currently in the process of updating to sense 6.0. lets see what its like after the update. Battery life on my phone has pretty much halfed

Wow, just checked and it does seem the update is out in the UK (CID is HTC__001 for me). Downloading and installing now. I hope I don't need to clear the cache partition again, I seem to be doing it every time the phone does a major update just to fix the odd battery drain.

Soldato
Orcvader, Do you reckon its something that may work for me? I have noticed my phone running a lot hotter in normal use like as if the cpu is running at 100% all the time

Check the battery stats, what's using the most battery so far? If it's "Android system" then yes it will usually work. To do this, disable fastboot on your phone (in the power settings), then turn off your phone. Then after a few seconds, hold the volume down button, and press the power button. This will boot the phone into bootloader mode. Now use the volume buttons to select "Recovery" and use the power button to confirm. You'll see a black screen for a while but once you see the phone icon with a red triangle, press power + vol up at the same time to get the recovery options. Use the volume buttons to select "Clear cache partition" and confirm with the power button. Once that's down select "Reboot system" and it will boot your phone back to Android.

Back
Top Bottom