***The Official HTC Sensation thread***

Man of Honour
I think for me, its going to come down to the SGS2 vs the EVO 3D.

I know the 3D stuff is a bit of a farce but its nice to have all the same, and the SGS2 is just a powerhouse with an (apparently) amazing screen. The Pyramid is an option but its not looking all that likely for me at the moment, I need more information.

Its best if you just hang on until the 2nd/3rd week of April, then we'll have some proper details, possible reviews, and release dates for all the new Android stuff!

Associate
OP
I really want to try a new type of Andriod phone so im still going for the SGSII. Why dont HTC ever give you more internal ram very odd.

Man of Honour
The HTC Pyramid will be called the HTC Sensation when it comes to the UK, Pocket-lint can exclusively confirm after talking to people familiar with the matter.

The HTC Sensation, previously codenamed the HTC Pyramid, will launch in the UK on Tuesday at HTC’s media event and be available in the UK in the coming months.

Pocket-lint’s sources aren’t, however, privy to information of when it will be hitting shops or which operator it will be available on.

“I can clear up a couple of those questions for you. It WILL be coming to the UK, though I can't say to which network. And Pocket Lint you're spot on with the naming, as it will be launched in the UK as the ‘HTC Sensation’,” one of our men in the know has confirmed.

The HTC Sensation, nee Pyramid, has been subject of plenty of rumours in the last couple of months, after failing to show up at global mobile phone tradeshows MWC and CTIA in February and March.

Rumours suggest that the device will have a 4.3-inch screen, sport a dual-core processor and run the latest version of Gingerbread.

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/39464/htc-sensation-pyramid-launch-pad

I still think, given they are the same price, the EVO 3D is going to be better.

Soldato
Is it just me or is Pyramid a better name than Sensation?

and pyramid isn't even close to being good...

Hero and Legend... now they were pretty cool names.

Man of Honour
Desire = fail name

EVO/Legend = good names

I'm a bit on the fence about Sensation. Not as good as EVO though.

Soldato
Last edited:
Man of Honour
Might be uncomfortable to hold, Im not sure a Pyramid is a good idea personally.

Whoosh!

I can't believe the Tegra 2 does so badly.. you'd think a dual core with Nvidia's GPU knowledge would be able to do much better then that!

I hope HTC put that dual core with Adreno 220 into a tablet.. that'd be quite tasty..

And to think some people on here were refusing to buy a phone unless it was a Tegra2... :eek:

Car crash.

Caporegime
Why don't more of the Android phones use the PowerVR SGX5xx range of graphics solutions? They seem to perform much better than most competitors, the last phone I remember using one was the SE Vivaz I think - seems a waste.

Soldato
Good find Robbo, cant see it launching before the SGSII but what a great time for all those who need a new phone.

perfect for me, Im geting a new work phone as soon as the SGS2 comes out, and then my personal phone is up for renewal in September, by which point there should be some nice kit about :)

Soldato
I can't believe the Tegra 2 does so badly.. you'd think a dual core with Nvidia's GPU knowledge would be able to do much better then that!

I hope HTC put that dual core with Adreno 220 into a tablet.. that'd be quite tasty..

benchmarks are one thing but are there any games that even touches the performance of the tegra2.

the desire came out with the adreno200 (which was way out of date back then) and that still runs fine with the games android have to offer.

Point being don't get hung up over synthetic benchmarks. Tegra2 is more than powerful enough.

Soldato
^ Yep, to put things into perspective...

The Sensation/EVO 3D will have similar or lower 3D benchmarks than the LG 2X (due to the qHD resolution/HTC retail OS build) and theoretically the SGS2/Exynos could double those almost matching the iPhone 5 (A5/640 x 960 screen)

Unless Qualcomm improve encode/decode over Tegra 2 they'll both be 'mid range 'dual core SoCs for me. (still much better than single core SoCs though :))

Back
Top Bottom