*** The Official HTC Windows Phone 8X (Accord) Thread ***

Caporegime
Wow that's cheap. Hopefully that translates to them being free on a number of contracts. I'm almost tempted to get an 8S just to have a play with WP8.

Man of Honour
Anyone looking at getting the 8x now the lumia has had that fiasco? PAYG £349 price on three looks too tempting!

Going to wait for it to settle. My plan was to always get a tablet first. I might even hold out for the quad core htc in new year.

But it's been a disappointing start for me. No surface pro and no lumia 920.
Although I think people are being impatient, unlocking sites are allready listing the 920.
Th. surface pro thy said in a keynote was. Going. To be three months later so can't complain about that, but so few of any tablet is available in uk.
I. Know uk is a small market. But I've never seen mass products release, where the uk has been so ignored. We're usually at the top of the list. So many tablets available or preorder. Yet in the uk not even prices confirmed, let alone preorder or in stores.

Last edited:
Soldato
Having own the Lumia 800, it feels like settling for second best after the 920 locked to EE malarkey. Might just stick with waiting for 7.8 and upgrade when my current contract ends. In the mean time, treat myself to a Tablet... unless this has something amazing I'm missing?

Soldato
Having own the Lumia 800, it feels like settling for second best after the 920 locked to EE malarkey. Might just stick with waiting for 7.8 and upgrade when my current contract ends. In the mean time, treat myself to a Tablet... unless this has something amazing I'm missing?

There isn't really much different from the Lumia 920 except the camera and the fancy names for the screen :p Its £70 cheaper though.

Soldato
That £70 gives it an edge on 4G compatibility (future-proofing) and a camera that seems too good to be true (still awaiting proper reviews).

Options are good but in this case, it's maddening.

Associate
Depends really. Audio is better but a trade off in a couple of other things. I think the HTC 8x is a nicer looking handset, had a play with a demo unit im phones4u and it was an amazing phone in the hand. its £110 cheaper if you're happy with three. Although yellow is only available in phones4u. i just wish it had wireless charging, main thing that excited me about lumia.

POB

POB

Soldato
I asked HTC on Facebook about Turn-By-Turn Navigation and they claim I would need a separate Application.

Will the Nokia Drive app be on the marketplace?

Man of Honour
I asked HTC on Facebook about Turn-By-Turn Navigation and they claim I would need a separate Application.

Will the Nokia Drive app be on the marketplace?

Nkias stance is that Nokia drive will be coming to all wp8 devices, but they are unsure if they will stick it on the marketplace, or release it to manufactures to preinstall.

Basically you'll have to find something to bridge the gap untill it's all sorted out.

http://wmpoweruser.com/nokia-drive-proper-coming-to-other-windows-phone-oems-after-all/
“Yes this is still true and still happening. Nokia Drive is an app that we are going to make available to other Windows Phone 8 partners. The app itself will be released soon, but the other manufacturers and providers will decide how and where to make it available to their customers”
“Nokia is offering Nokia Drive, hence voice-guided turn-by-turn navigation, to all Windows Phone 8 partners. Each manufacturer will decide whether and where it will be included. The app will be published anytime soon.”
This means that Nokia’s Location platform will be central to the Windows Phone 8 experience, with the intention of developing smartphones that bring advanced location experiences. Windows Phone 8 partners and developers will be able to use our location assets to build location-based apps and experiences of superior quality.

Associate
How much for the SIM free version?

I got my sim free for £369 @ Phones 4U, they said i could only get it in black and REALLY wasn't too happy for me to go sim free.

o2 are offering the blue version exclusive for 369 sim free or contract....i wish i knew it sooner.

Over all though, fantastic phone!

I upgraded from HD7 to this

You can really notice the difference.

Camera works fine, though not as good as the pureview, it does good justice!

Mic quality is like a standard phone.

The feel is kinda interesting.
Cause of the "sharp" (using term loosely) curved edges it can sometime look and feel 2mm thick, which i find is an awesome lol trick it is comfortable though in one or two hands.

The soft keys are really flat against the form, very easy response from them barely have to push

Very well placed so you don't accidentally push them when holding phone.

Everything is flush to the body of the phone.
Im a little worried how scratch resistant the lense is, but i think theyve made it so its like nano meters away from the external of the phone.

1080p videos look lush, though haven't seen them on an external source yet.

OS is soooo very fast.
If you're upgrading from Wp7 you will be so surprised

The older os was fast, this is like *tap*... Loaded :D.

Ie10 is also niice and snappy load times on WiFi and a 3/5 3G were pretty instant

In some areas in getting H+ cant tell you the speed though.

Any more questions or tests people want me to do.
Go ahead and ask and I'll try my best to do it.

Hope this helps

Soldato
I got my sim free for £369 @ Phones 4U, they said i could only get it in black and REALLY wasn't too happy for me to go sim free.

o2 are offering the blue version exclusive for 369 sim free or contract....i wish i knew it sooner.

Over all though, fantastic phone!

I upgraded from HD7 to this

You can really notice the difference.

Camera works fine, though not as good as the pureview, it does good justice!

Mic quality is like a standard phone.

The feel is kinda interesting.
Cause of the "sharp" (using term loosely) curved edges it can sometime look and feel 2mm thick, which i find is an awesome lol trick it is comfortable though in one or two hands.

The soft keys are really flat against the form, very easy response from them barely have to push

Very well placed so you don't accidentally push them when holding phone.

Everything is flush to the body of the phone.
Im a little worried how scratch resistant the lense is, but i think theyve made it so its like nano meters away from the external of the phone.

1080p videos look lush, though haven't seen them on an external source yet.

OS is soooo very fast.
If you're upgrading from Wp7 you will be so surprised

The older os was fast, this is like *tap*... Loaded :D.

Ie10 is also niice and snappy load times on WiFi and a 3/5 3G were pretty instant

In some areas in getting H+ cant tell you the speed though.

Any more questions or tests people want me to do.
Go ahead and ask and I'll try my best to do it.

Hope this helps

Are you able to remove all bloatware and can you remove HTC's own app?

Associate
Sephriem, can you confirm there is no VPN support?

As far as it looks, no VPN support, only proxy, which is the same as WP7/.5

https://skydrive.live.com/#cid=59FF11BAB243011D&id=59FF11BAB243011D!1346

Are you able to remove all bloatware and can you remove HTC's own app?

Here are all the apps that were on as default bar the following:

• Camwow (the only one of the lenses available right now on 8X/8S)
    Netflix
    Youtube

https://skydrive.live.com/#cid=59FF11BAB243011D&id=59FF11BAB243011D!1347
https://skydrive.live.com/#cid=59FF11BAB243011D&id=59FF11BAB243011D!1344
https://skydrive.live.com/#cid=59FF11BAB243011D&id=59FF11BAB243011D!1345

The HTC app, i later did uninstall perfectly fine, and it is redownloadable.
  • Connection setup
    Converter
    Flashlight

Those you can also uninstall

Help+Tips you cannot.

Hope this helps, anymore questions just ask.

EDIT:
One thing i have noticed. Some of the WP8 Specific apps don't seem to be there.
Twitter integration is one.
Maybe i need the app for it to start.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom