**** The Official Huawei Mate 20/Mate 20 Pro Thread ****

Associate
How scratch resistant are these screens nowadays? Can't remember the last time I didn't use a screen protector. Always puts me off of curved screens

Soldato
The problem as I understand it, as they become more shatter proof, they become more susceptible to scratches. So, A few years back they were less likely to scratch but more likely to shatter.

Personally I don't use screen protectors though and don't seem to get scratches.

Soldato
Hmm, well that's me... but I don't have an available project... This line sounds a little odd though -

Log in to the app with a HUAWEI ID registered by the Google Play Developer account’s e-mail and sign up for the Huawei Mate 20 Pro Developer project.

What does my Huawei ID have to do with it? I'm logged in with the email that is registered as a developer with Apps in the play store. Maybe I just need to wait a bit longer. The first download isn't until 11th May.

Associate
What does my Huawei ID have to do with it? I'm logged in with the email that is registered as a developer with Apps in the play store. Maybe I just need to wait a bit longer. The first download isn't until 11th May.

Mate 20 Pro versions supported outside of China:

LYA-L09 9.0.0.210(C432E10R1P16)
LYA-L09 9.0.0.238(C432E10R1P16)
LYA-L29 9.0.0.210(C432E10R1P16)
LYA-L29 9.0.0.238(C432E10R1P16)

More versions might be added during the project.

5. Supported countries: Italy, Belgium, Spain, Germany, France, Portugal, the Netherlands,Czech Republic, Hungary, Slovakia, Bulgaria, Poland, Denmark, Romania, Sweden,Finland, Norway, Serbia, and Ukraine.

What version are you on?

Soldato
Looks like the Mate 20 Pro has been removed from the Android Q beta list which is rather concerning.
Still seems to be conflicting info regarding android support of existing Huawei phones. Wonder where we stand regarding carriers / contracts or is it just too early to say?

Associate
9.1 is now out - goto the HiCare app and in the Updates section you should be able to opt in to the update. Once confirmed, just goto the normal Settings -> System Update section to update :)

Soldato
Still worth buying the Mate 20 Pro? I'm looking at £33 per month, 24 month contract. 30gb data with O2 which I'll never get near using due to living in the countryside. Will also be a works phone.

Soldato
Still worth buying the Mate 20 Pro? I'm looking at £33 per month, 24 month contract. 30gb data with O2 which I'll never get near using due to living in the countryside. Will also be a works phone.
I wouldn't get it on contract. Since the whole Google issue the prices have tanked. Could buy new relatively cheap and second hand even cheaper.

Soldato
I wouldn't get it on contract. Since the whole Google issue the prices have tanked. Could buy new relatively cheap and second hand even cheaper.

Thanks, I'll have a think, I thought it worked out cheaper overall.. as I can claim the VAT back and the whole thing is a business expense.

Back
Top Bottom