**** The Official Huawei P20 Thread ****

Soldato
Waze was available on windows mobile, used it last week :)

Got a P20 Pro myself as my 930 battery can be dead within half a day just using whatsapp, slowly migrating over but thanks to Vodafone screwing up (and mobiles.co.uk) they've screwed up the contract, screwed up trying to fix it, then ignored attempts to return under 14 day cooling off, not sure if I'm going to keep it now.

I miss having a physical shutter button for the camera, phone feels too slippery in the hand even in a case, nothing to grip on to when using (tiny hands), all my chargers were QI so going back to a cable is strange but at least it charges quick.

Associate
Yeah, the lack of shutter button is annoying. Dont find it to bad in the stock case grip wise.
Didnt know that Waze had been ported to the Windows phones, saying that it'd probably have overheated the 950 in a matter of minutes.

Associate
Well, the "free" Freebuds have turned up from the P20 Pro current deal...

Fit is miles better than the equivalent fruit-themed wireless buds, and sound quality (so far) seems fairly decent when I'm listening to a binaural mix of the new Tesseract album. Also trying them with the Comply buds I've used with my RHA wired set, and the fit and sound isolation is even better than out of the box.

Two taps right for play/pause, two taps left for assistant/answer call. They behave nicely and pause when you pull one of them out as well.

Paired straight away with the handset, although require manual pairing, so none of the fruit-themed easiness or the Pixel Buds connection.

Pretty decent for effectively nothing.

Phone is going really well too... had a chance to muck around a bit with the camera now, and can see why it's up there with the best at the minute... some pretty decent portrait shots, and the optical zoom is darn good too.

Associate
Assuming I can get a decent SIM free deal, I'm considering moving from an iPhone 8 to the P20 Pro, mainly for the better battery and what looks like a superb camera.

Has anyone else moved over recently? I'm 99% sure all my iOS apps are available on android.

Thanks!

Greg

Associate
It was my wife's phone - I moved over to Android 3 years ago. She's had it about 2 months. The Huawei interface is different to regular Android and a bit more like iPhone which migh help. She found it unfamilair at first, but is blown away by the storage and battery life. I didn't check how to move WhatsApp conversations over (which caused a bit of earache)

Soldato
I just upgraded to the P20 Pro and got a pretty decent deal. manged to get a 25% discount making it £42.75 a month with Unltd calls and texts, 50GB data and the entertainment pass on Vodafone, couldn't get them to remove the £19 handset cost though.

Still a great price. Gutted I missed out on the freebuds offer though.

Soldato
Got mine yesterday. What a great phone.

Although having spent years with Samsung's I am a bit lost with somethings. The app drawer especially as I loved being able to make folders for things.

Gutted I missed out on the free Freebuds .I might still buy a pair though .Amazon have them for about £95 .

Soldato
Got mine yesterday. What a great phone.

Although having spent years with Samsung's I am a bit lost with somethings. The app drawer especially as I loved being able to make folders for things.

Gutted I missed out on the free Freebuds .I might still buy a pair though .Amazon have them for about £95 .

I'm not sure if I'm understanding something different to what you're talking about here, but you can create folders on EMUI homescreens. You can turn the app drawer on or off - with it off you get apps on the homescreens and you can sort them into folders how you want; with it on you get the app drawer separate from the standard homescreen, but you can put as many apps as you want on to as many homescreens as you want and sort them into folders there (there's probably a limit on the number of homescreens, but I've had four with no problem, which is plenty of space).

Associate
Just having a play around with the P20 Pro.
Coming from a Samsung S7, are you able to scroll through the cities on the Huawei weather widget?

Also, is there a way to get the android/samsung internet browser on the phone?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom