**** The Official Huawei P20 Thread ****

Soldato
Whoops, Huawei have been caught cheating in benchmarks with the P20 and Honor Play.
They put software detection in the firmware that sniffs for benchmark apps and when it detects one is running it kicks in a different 'performance' mode that end users cant get at. Scores were bumped upto 47% in some cases.

Will say though I don't know anyone that actually cares about benchmark scores but its still not exactly honest and gives a bit of an ironic ring to their 'Honor' brand.

Sauce

Soldato
So got my Freebuds today .They are pretty decent and the sound is really good from them .

I've only noticed a small bit of lag with audio when watching YouTube. It doesn't happen on Netflix or videos I have stored on the phone .really odd and pretty annoying.

Associate
So got my Freebuds today .They are pretty decent and the sound is really good from them .

I've only noticed a small bit of lag with audio when watching YouTube. It doesn't happen on Netflix or videos I have stored on the phone .really odd and pretty annoying.

Still waiting for mine....

Soldato
I've just got a P20 Pro and I just have a quick question. When the on-screen navigation buttons are enabled, the hardware touch sensitive navigation button only functions as a home button. i.e tapping it = home. Long press = home. Swipe does nothing. Every touch will produce a vibration, similar to a long press when the on-screen buttons are disabled.

When I disable the on-screen buttons, it functions normally. Tap = back, long press = home (vibration), swipe = recent apps. I'm wondering if this is intended. Can someone check if their P20 behaves the same way?

I'm asking because the phone is my girlfriends and she wants both on-screen buttons and the off screen navigation, but it seems like the off screen button isn't functioning correctly when the on screen buttons are enabled.

Thanks

Associate
What exactly is Huawei try to convey here? Those people who queued up for an iphone probably dont care about Huawei, and made their efforts more worth it and the purchase decision of getting the iPhone even better because of the free powerbank.

Soldato
What exactly is Huawei try to convey here? Those people who queued up for an iphone probably dont care about Huawei, and made their efforts more worth it and the purchase decision of getting the iPhone even better because of the free powerbank.

The funny thing is by asking your question you have already answered yourself. That's how marketing works. Generates a buzz and gets people taking about it, therefore increasing appeal and market presence.

Soldato
Picked up a Pro today. Very impressed. The camera is a major step up from my Oneplus 3T. The long exposure handheld night mode is black magic.

The EMUI OS is a little bit more away from stock android than I'd like but overall the experience is fine.

Quite liking the fingerprint reader gesture method to replace the software navigation menu. Takes a little bit of getting used to. Only thing I miss being able to do is double tap to swap between apps.

Little bit miffed to learn bootloader unlock codes are no longer available though. No root :(

Soldato
O2 remove chargers from boxes? What the hell is that about?

https://www.o2.co.uk/thinkbig/planet/sustainable-products-and-services/charger-out-of-the-box

Just read the above. I'd suggest contacting o2 and saying you want your official Huawei fast charger. What an absolute joke that is.

WTF! The charger comee with the P20 pro is specifically made for it! As far as I know there is no other charger will charge up in super charging mode.

Phone 02 and ask for the standard charger , if not, cancel the contract

Soldato
Sorry I should've been more clear. It was an O2 refresh deal. Handset is likely a customer return but is in spotless condition/looks brand new. They supplied what looks like a generic USB C cable in an O2 branded box. Can't argue too much as was £374 and potentially £30 cashback from Quidco. Will give O2 a call to see if they provide the supercharger.

Back
Top Bottom