• Social Democratic and Labour Party

Votes: 2 0.2%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 4 0.3%
  • UKIP

Votes: 158 12.0%

• Total voters
Man of Honour
If Boris was leader of a party he would have instantly got my vote just for being Boris regardless of the party. Boris is brilliant lol

Lol, so would I. It would no doubt be an absolute car crash of a term of office but it'd be a whole lot of entertainment to see :)

Soldato
I think Labour have actually done better than it looks yes I think they will (probably/most likely) lose it but losing all of scotland and only 25 seats so far labour took many seats from the Lib Dems.

A bit of focus and a new leader and 2020 could be a very interesting event especially with Ukip getting a huge voter backing.

They predicted gaining a net 30+ seats from the Tories though, as of 6am this morning it was 0 (they took 5 lost 5)

They really haven't done that well

Man of Honour
So there's no concern about the longer term effects on the country as a whole and then the knock on effect it would have on you?

The longer term effects will be positive. The crazy thing is that some people still think everything will suddenly be great for them if Labour get in power, and it won't, which is why people have voted for the sensible (and only real) option.

Soldato
They predicted gaining a net 30+ seats from the Tories though, as of 6am this morning it was 0 (they took 5 lost 5)

They really haven't done that well

Well yesterday I said Dave would probably win outright and i said that with no polls :D

Yes they haven't taken from the conns which sucks but is no surprise with milliband in charge he's not going to swing a 50/50 seat even on the news today people being interviewed so many reluctantly voted labour.

I'm basically saying they have come off better than i expected.

Soldato
Its a misrepresentation to say they "propped up" a Tory government, I think they brought reason and balance to it.

I'm not misrepresenting anything. You're arguing semantics and missing the point.

Personally, it doesn't bother me that the Lib Dems formed a coalition with the Tories. It was massively preferable to the alternatives, and they have achieved a lot more in the past 5 years than they have in the past few decades. However, the Lib Dems have made a monumental flop of this election. Their attempt to rebrand themselves as a centrist 'party of coalition' has backfired.

Soldato
I think Labour have actually done better than it looks yes I think they will (probably/most likely) lose it but losing all of scotland and only 25 seats so far labour took many seats from the Lib Dems.

A bit of focus and a new leader and 2020 could be a very interesting event especially with Ukip getting a huge voter backing.

If the SNP vote holds next election they have no chance of getting in again.

They don't, and never have had the popular vote South of the border.

Even with a huge swing in public opinion from con to lab the best they can ever hope for is a lab/SNP coalition if things stay the same in Scotland.

They have relied on Scottish votes for decades, they can't get a majority with out them.

Back
Top Bottom