Votes: 67 5.1%
  • Social Democratic and Labour Party

Votes: 2 0.2%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 4 0.3%
  • UKIP

Votes: 158 12.0%

• Total voters
Paying to see the doctor is actually a very good idea. Most people don't need to be there. Old people see it as a day out, etc.

:confused:

Really....you really think old people, who have whole gamuts of health issues see a trip to the doctors surgery as a day out?

I know Robgmun hasn't posted much yet, so this is winning the stupidest post of the day award so far.

The NHS is not fit for purpose. Beat the drum all you want but it's a sink hole and it needs decent investment that no government can provide.

And your other points are disgustingly short sighted.

It's reached a point with the NHS that more money isn't the answer.

You run into the problems the last labour government had of massively deminishing returns for every pound you invest.

It needs massive reform, not cuts or increases in spending, which is something both parties are terrified to address.

you know whats funny, when i google "uk unemployment rate" google provides a lovely graph that shows the rate falling throughout the conservatives term in office.

this seems counter to your point that it will cost jobs?

Yes, employment figures down, low paid employment and benefits bill up.

can you show me where in the tory manifesto it says "make companies fire their workers"?

cause its a policy I'm surprised by tbh.

I am a firm supporter of the notion that saying this "effect is due to this party" is folly, even for a party i support, i wouldn't do it.

It's just justifying your vote beyond what it should be.

:confused:

Really....you really think old people, who have whole gamuts of health issues see a trip to the doctors surgery as a day out?

I know Robgmun hasn't posted much yet, so this is winning the stupidest post of the day award so far.

Obviously I wasn't talking about all of them, but plenty do, yes.

It's reached a point with the NHS that more money isn't the answer.

You run into the problems the last labour government had of massively deminishing returns for every pound you invest.

It needs massive reform, not cuts or increases in spending, which is something both parties are terrified to address.

problem is the reform process is a multi decade long policy that cant be chopped and changed or rushed.

i would genuinely like to see control of the nhs removed from government for a while.

say a fixed budget is assigned for say 20 years with increases for inflation etc.

and its policy is handled by experts so it cant be a political football constantly getting ****ed over for vote winning headlines.

Is that actually the case? I can't see from their manifesto items that seem to suggest that?

Their manifesto is utter fantasy, they never had any intention of implementing it. Child tax credits are 100% certain to go, when asked about this in the debate David Cameron refused to rule it out, saying instead he "didn't want to do that" i.e. but I'm going to anyway. Regressive tax policy is the hallmark of Tory economic policy so I can't see how that won't happen either. They definitely have something up their sleeves for the NHS as well, I confess I don't know exactly what but you only need to look at all the US private healthcare companies backing them to see where we're going.

The Tories had it totally right - he's a backstabber. He jumped in at the last minute and stabbed his brother in the back.

Ok it wasn't out of malice or even a desire to be leader as much as he felt David was perceived as too close to the Blair/Brown era and Labour needed a change. What they ended up with was a far less effective leader who took them too far to the left.

Absolutely spot on, disregarding totally that Ed is a clown with a total lack of statesmanship, he was unconvincing to me from the start.

I think his brother would & could be a very different proposition.

I Hope Ed is gone and quickly, we need strong opposition and I think the conservative result speaks volumes as to how weak and pathetic an opposition they have been.

New broom for both Labour and the Lib Dems, 2020 should be much better a contest.

I'm wondering when we get live coverage of Paddy Ashdown eating his hat? :p

I think Labour have actually done better than it looks yes I think they will (probably/most likely) lose it but losing all of scotland and only 25 seats so far labour took many seats from the Lib Dems.

A bit of focus and a new leader and 2020 could be a very interesting event especially with Ukip getting a huge voter backing.

Back
Top Bottom