• Social Democratic and Labour Party

Votes: 2 0.2%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 4 0.3%
  • UKIP

Votes: 158 12.0%

• Total voters
Soldato
SNP have no mandate for another referendum, this is about getting rid of the old Labour idiots in Scotland tbh nothing more at least for me. Delighted with the result so far, shame Tories will get a majority but I expected nothing else tbh.

Has Ed Balls gone? That would be the icing on the cake..

Last edited:
Soldato
you know whats funny, when i google "uk unemployment rate" google provides a lovely graph that shows the rate falling throughout the conservatives term in office.

this seems counter to your point that it will cost jobs?

Yes that all looks fine on the surface. But the rate is not falling because people are getting into proper paid jobs. It's falling because people are being removed from the count. If you have a zero hour contract you are not unemployed but you still need to claim in work benefits. If you get sanctioned by the DWP you are removed from the unemployment figures and hundreds of thousands are getting sanctioned. The horrific treatment of people like David Clapson, whom even with this right leaning forum, people surely cannot argue that he died without dignity after serving the country that he loved so much in the army. He died alone and in pain because the DWP cut him off. Brian McArdle was hounded to death by the government even though he worked all his life and gave everything up to look after his father as a full time carer. This blood is on the hands of IDS and the conservative party as a whole. By voting them in again the public are giving them carte Blanche to continue to send the poor and most vulnerable to their deaths

Man of Honour
Brilliant:D

And we're going to put a referendum on membership of the EU to the general public. An extremely complex issue to ill informed people with short term self centred views.

This will be a fun 5 years.

What can I say, least I'm honest. Spent the first half of my life focusing on the needs and worries of others and in the end all it brought me was pain, heartache and backstabbing. So I'm focusing the second half of my life on myself.

Soldato
Theresa May already talking about pushing through Communications Data bill (ie Snooper's Charter) with the Lib Dems toast.

The Tories have no excuses now. They can't blame the last government for the economy and they can't blame a lack of action on the Lib Dems.

Associate
The longer term effects will be positive. The crazy thing is that some people still think everything will suddenly be great for them if Labour get in power, and it won't, which is why people have voted for the sensible (and only real) option.

I'm pretty certain they won't. There's many an article suggesting that the level of austerity imposed by the Conservatives has harmed growth thus impacting our ability to service and pay back debts. Further increasing inequality and harming the future of the young will just exacerbate the issue.

http://www.theguardian.com/business/2015/apr/28/top-economist-attacks-tory-austerity-labours-limp-response-paul-krugman

http://www.oecd.org/newsroom/inequality-hurts-economic-growth.htm

Soldato
All the Scottish getting high ol'mighty on SNP

Funny how they said no to independence, they would have been stuffed with money if they did, thats all they are still here for, didnt have the balls and knew they would be in trouble if they did

(No offence to Scottish people)

No offence? That's pretty offensive to be fair. It's not ALL about money, some of us have pride in our history as part of the UK too. It's not always a lack of balls.

Thank heavens that Salmond won't be in our face anymore.

Yes he will. You'll see him every week in PM's questions now they have 2 questions...

He'll just be Sturgeon's puppet. Just watch out for the strings moving his lips. :p

I think it'll be the other way round. Sturgeon will be Salmonds puppet.

Fair play to the SNP though. They mobilised a huge amount of people into politics on the promise of more. Unfounded claims that we would be richer, made many of the poorer classes get some political motivation.

This caused the higher turnout in the GE. Look at Danny Alexanders seat. He had a similar number of votes as he had in 2010, yet wasn't really even close this time round. I would hazard a guess that a large majority of these extra voters are first time voters. And they have mostly voted SNP.

I actually (probably foolishly) believe them (SNP) when they say they are not looking for another referendum in this parliament. That's not to say they wouldn't push for one following a vote to leave the EU or something.

Whilst I am absolutely against further economic power devolved to Hollyrood, part of me would like to see it happen, temporarily at least, to show the SNP up for being the muppets that they actually are.

All I can say is THANK YOU ENGLAND. You have done the right thing. I can't think of anything scarier than that muppet Milliband propped up by Sturgeon, in charge of the UK.

Soldato
Brilliant:D

And we're going to put a referendum on membership of the EU to the general public. An extremely complex issue to ill informed people with short term self centred views.

This will be a fun 5 years.

I can't wait for that bundle of joy. Thankfully, fear of change will probably result in us staying in.

Back
Top Bottom