Votes: 67 5.1%
  • Social Democratic and Labour Party

Votes: 2 0.2%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 4 0.3%
  • UKIP

Votes: 158 12.0%

• Total voters
Dozens of ballot papers in Darlington miss off local Ukip candidate but election goes ahead anyway

2n72jjd.jpg

We'd certainly take a hit, with entities as big as HSBC already making continuity plans to move to the continent in the event of an "out" vote.

Actually their reason for leaving is that Hong Kong has laxer banking regulation than in the current UK climate... true short term HK is more appealing however once China regains full control of the region then they'll probably want move HQ again.

Going back? When have UKIP been in power?

We can see how LAB/CON/LIB have done by past experiance. You say UKIP would be terrible, but the fact is, nobody knows. And they do have a very good manifesto (Not like you have seen it)

Rofl, when have libdems ever been in power.
When has ukip ever had a good manifesto, it's awful.

Just about to trundle off down to the polling station and vote Labour I guess. It's depressing how crap all the parties are so I don't really have a choice other than labour...

If?

I'm not leaving the future of generations down to an if. This was my main arguments against Scottish independence.

We can't have the benefits of the EU without the obligations. Why would the member states agree to that?

The UK is a consumer society, one of, if not the biggest export markets for the EU.

If they imposed protectionist barriers they would be hit badly.

Britain has endured for centuries outside of political union with the continent, to suggest it is incapable of doing so now, makes no sense at all.

Britain has endured for centuries outside of political union with the continent, to suggest it is incapable of doing so now, makes no sense at all.

That also makes no sense. The world isn't what it used to be, such companies which export to the EU, can easily up and move to EU. Making it even more reason for EU not to placate us.
We've already had plenty of EU buy outs of high tech UK companies which have then shut down uk production and moved it abroad. Partly due to the £ being so strong.

Amazing shows how many people who use OCUK have no sense of the reality of most peoples everyday lives.

Whatever happens the only thing I am confident of is that we will no longer have conservatives in government; thank god for that :)

Back
Top Bottom